A few birds (couple added)

Name
doh!
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently bought a Canon 300 f/4L IS, mainly to use for track days and airshows, anyway, I decided to take this out for a walk with a Sigma 1.4x TC which I have already and took a few shots.

They are quite heavy crops.

1. Male Chaffinch

2. Female Chaffinch (i think)

3. Yellow Hammer

4. Willow Warbler (it's a bit soft, focus on the twig I think)

Happy for any comments. Also, would a canon TC give better results?

Last edited:
3 is a Yellow Hammer I think, 4 maybe a Chiff Chaff?

I like the first one, I've never noticed the greeny/yellow on their backs before.

amazing colours on the first especially.

Think the last is a Willow Warbler, Chiff Chaffs have darker legs. All other Id's are fine(y)

Thanks Brash, edited (y)

Anyone know if using a canon 1.4 tc instead of my siggy one would give better results?

Here's one shot that shows the distance from the bird. The dots aren't dust bunnies, they're midges lol

and 100% crop

Ooh, that loosing a lot of quality. I really don't know if using the Canon one would be any better apart from the fact that Canon are better quality?

Decided my last post on this thread has more to do with poor focus so not too worried about using the sigma tc now.

I took a few more earlier today and thought I'd post them here instead of starting a new thread.

Don't know what this little fella is :Edit:- Manx Shearwater

Oystercatchers

More

And only one

taken with the 300L & tc

Last edited:
Your little fellow looks like a Manx Shearwater to me, but no doubt someone with a better knowledge of these on here will know.

Thanks Lammie, I've edited it till someone tells me different (y)

After reading a little about them on the web I'm fairly surprised this one was happily paddling away in the bright afternoon

Back