A few birds from my garden today.

Lovely shots. That's a mean looking greenfinch, I wouldn't argue with him.
I'm also loving the great tits hair style.
I like the out of focus background on the male chaffinch.
Nice set of images.

Lovely shots. That's a mean looking greenfinch, I wouldn't argue with him.
I'm also loving the great tits hair style.
I like the out of focus background on the male chaffinch.
Nice set of images.
Thank you. Greenfinch are generally very shy, yet when we had bad storms a while back, and the feeder was swinging wildly, we had one that would not move while he ate.

Very nice set of wildlife style captures, liking all of these very much.

Love the Wollow Wirbler....good of it to show it's legs to differentiate from a Chaff Chiff.

echo the comment re Angry looking Greenfinch, they always look up for a fight.

A great set and how fortunate to have such a variety visiting your garden.
Thank you. We are quite lucky. We do try to encourage the birds with a sellection of food. Also in our garden that day was Collared Doves, Pigeons, Sparrowhawk, Female Chaffinch, Long Tailed Tits, Starlings. TP only allows 8 photo's. If it's any help to anyone. Seed must be Sunflower seed for Goldfinches, Greenfinches and Siskins. Peanuts are for the Blue tits, Great tits and Long Tailed Tits. Suet pellets most birds like. We hang two halves of an apple on a coathanger cut in two, and two hooks formed, and both Blue Tits and Black Caps love that. Blackbirds love currents/sultanas. Sparrows seem to eat anything and Dunnocks are ground feeders and pick up whats dropped, but will sometimes sneak into our ground feeder which has a mix of Suet Pellets, Mealworms and Sunflower seeds.

Last edited:
Thank you. We are quite lucky. We do try to encourage the birds with a sellection of food. Also in our garden that day was Collared Doves, Pigeons, Sparrowhawk, Female Chaffinch, Long Tailed Tits, Starlings. TP only allows 8 photo's. If it's any help to anyone. Seed must be Sunflower seed for Goldfinches, Greenfinches and Siskins. Peanuts are for the Blue tits, Great tits and Long Tailed Tits. Suet pellets most birds like. We hang two halves of an apple on a coathanger cut in two, and two hooks formed, and both Blue Tits and Black Caps love that. Blackbirds love currents/sultanas. Sparrows seem to eat anything and Dunnocks are ground feeders and pick up whats dropped, but will sometimes sneak into our ground feeder which has a mix of Suet Pellets, Mealworms and Sunflower seeds.

That's a real variety and well done for helping to keep them healthy. I think you should be able to post eight photos and then some more in a second post but I'm not sure. Perhaps you have to have a 24 hour delay before being able to post more .Maybe if a staff member sees this they could clarify. When I go to look for rules like that I can never find them but that's down to me rather than the forum :rolleyes:..

Back