Critique A few bugs and Butterfly's

My goodness, a LOT of bugs there! ewwww (super shudder here).

My only problem with these Judi is the focussing, I just popped over to your flickr page (and added you), you have some great images there so I know it can't be the lens or camera or your ability, so not sure why these aren't so well focussed as other images on your photostream.

There's an awful lot of bugs lol, my favourite from these is the 3rd, those butterflies/moths (I cant tell what they are, am rubbish with insect IDs), that a lovely image, great colours and bokeh - and all of them would be amazing if the focus was better on them.

What did you use as Im quite confused how your good images are in a total different league to these? Tried some new kit, perhaps? :)

Thank you Carl for looking :) and for your kind word about my Flikr page :)

I think it's a combination of several things,... first time using this camera for insects plus a new lens Sigma 18-250.. and old age catching up with me, unsteady hand and trying to work with a monopod, maybe a little too excited at the amount of stuff there to photograph.

Thank you Carl for looking :) and for your kind word about my Flikr page :)

I think it's a combination of several things,... first time using this camera for insects plus a new lens Sigma 18-250.. and old age catching up with me, unsteady hand and trying to work with a monopod, maybe a little too excited at the amount of stuff there to photograph.
I would have had the shakes with all that insects lol, explains everything is its a different camera to what you're used to and I bet the Sigma isn't light either. I'm trying to keep my kit as light as possible for the macros' Ive not got very steady hands either Judi :)

Back