A few Cornwall shots (9)

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a recent trip to one ofour favourite locations, not far from Padstow, in North Cornwall.

I'll share a few of my shots from the trip...

We walked miles, gosh knows how many miles our Molly did
DSC_3124.jpg

An evening sunset
DSC_3137.jpg

Shoreline foam from rough seas
DSC_3190.jpg

Our beach 5 minutes from our bungalow
DSC_3191.jpg

A view across to Padstow from the other side of the Camel Estuary, Rock
DSC_3219.jpg

A daisy
DSC_3285.jpg

A lovely horse spotted on one of our walks
DSC_3324.jpg

Trevose Head Lighthouse
DSC_3339.jpg

A gentle rolling wave
DSC_3346.jpg

Hope you like, a few more can be seen here: http://www.djaphoto.co.uk/portfolio/main.php/v/cornwall/

All taken with Nikon D50 and 18-55mm AF-S DX or Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Super Macro II, all RAW

Hi,

Nice to see some good shots of my favourite UK holiday destination, spent many years around Padstow - stayed at Treyarnon Bay last year. Fantastic area for photographs, Bedruthan Steps has some great "features.

Like the framing on both the Camel Estaury/Yacht & the Trevose Lighthouse

simon

Simon,

I grew up on Treyarnon Beach through my younger years, each summer we would head down for 3 weeks of sunshine and playing on the beach :)

In 24 years I've only not been down for a holiday there one year, and that was the year we ventured to France...

I just find anywhere in Cornwall to have brilliant photographic opportunities, and the walks are fantastic.

Thanks for looking, nice to see hear a reply from someone who can appreciate the area too.

Dan

Wow, the colour of the sea in number 4 is incredible and I love the lighthouse shot too.
Looks like a stunning place to visit, definitely putting that on the list.

The colour on number 4 (beach) is unbelievable.

I see you have a Nikon D50.. do you know what lens and settings you used for that?

Nice shots.
Dog one is funny, but the daisy is my fave....so sharp and lovely colours.

Thanks for looking everybody :)

I can tell you the lens for the beach shot was the 18-55mm with a circular polariser on and captured in RAW. The settings were:

Make NIKON CORPORATION Model NIKON D50
Aperture Value f/16 Colour Space sRGB
Exposure Bias Value 0 EV Exposure Programme Aperture Priority
Flash No Flash Focal Length 42 mm
ISO 200 Metering Mode Multi-Segment
Shutter Speed Value 1/59 sec Date/Time Mon 02 Apr 2007 09:23:10 CDT

lovely shots dja im envious of where you live prob the 2nd best location in the uk (ive gotta go for the lakes sorry mate) were heading down there in july for our 4th cornwall holiday we love it... keep posting ..

Back