A few deer

Is that crows/rooks ( I never know which ones they are) on his back?

2,3&4 I like, composition wise. 1 is good for the bird taking a soft seat.

They are jackdaws on its back, they were pulling out the bits of their coat which were shedding.

Fine set and yes. It may not be the wilds of Scotland but they're 'wild and free'.

The Jackdaws will be after nesting material (y)

More good shots from a good low POV and the Jackdaws in #1 add an extra element to the image :)

Fine set and yes. It may not be the wilds of Scotland but they're 'wild and free'.

The Jackdaws will be after nesting material (y)

I had assumed as much. Occasionally they would tug a bit not yet ready to come out and would get knocked off by the deer. - thanks for the kind reply!

More good shots from a good low POV and the Jackdaws in #1 add an extra element to the image :)

Thanks, gramps. lots of crawling about in the woods and keeping looking around me as there were other deer wandering about, didn't want them to sneak up on me.

Great stuff, i think you could do some breathtaking images if you went at sunrise/sunset. love those birds on the deers back, haha!

brilliant shots ....

good shots

Great stuff, i think you could do some breathtaking images if you went at sunrise/sunset. love those birds on the deers back, haha!

Thanks for the kind comments all.

Sparkoss, these were exploratory trips for me to get an understanding of some common spots for them to congregate. I hope to go back for the rut and will aim for some morning / evening visits to see what I can get, as you say - could be some great shots to be had then!

Back