Yes
7123710839_ce64761ec9_c.jpg

7123711145_d3e00297fc_c.jpg

6977634092_c5276f5eb9_c.jpg

7077207999_1b6aecbb4a_c.jpg

6931125058_2286e70180_c.jpg

Pons

Last edited:
some excellent shots there.. crops a bit too high for my taste on the first 3 ... ..I like the surroundings of #1 with the bluebells..adds a nice bit of colour...Loverly even colours on the 4th.. was that good lighting or good PP ? :)

Thanks for input,Tony,
re first three , I love my scenic but understand your comment.
Bluebells are lovely at Hambledon,was cancelled after first day recently.
4th was very bright behind on day so came out alright,am not much cop at PP:)

Pons

#1 I like, also very sellable I'd have thought.
#2 interesting, to a certain degree. More interest to photographers than the riders
#3 decent enough candid environmental shot.
#4 my favourite, a lot of people don't like these close crops though.
#5 technically it's great, just doesn't do much for me, it's just a splash shot without really bringing out the movement or power. It's easy to critique but what about including the whole reflection of the horse?

All in all a very good set though :)

Very Good Chris !

Did you capture the full reflection in the last one ?

#1 I like, also very sellable I'd have thought.
#2 interesting, to a certain degree. More interest to photographers than the riders
#3 decent enough candid environmental shot.
#4 my favourite, a lot of people don't like these close crops though.
#5 technically it's great, just doesn't do much for me, it's just a splash shot without really bringing out the movement or power. It's easy to critique but what about including the whole reflection of the horse?

All in all a very good set though :)

1,As soon as I saw the avenue I fancied the shot,tricky place to shoot and I seem to remember being a long way away for safety and not spooking the rider and horse,was very pleased how it turned out.
2,Horse refused ,so had to have a snap :)
3,I always enjoy a bit of banter with the competitors and Lucinda is always charming.
4,Standard jumping shots tend to look a bit samey ,so quite enjoy a crop.
5,I agree ,there were much better in the folder of that exit,but happened to have this one on flikr:)

ryanyboy Number one is a cracker. Very nice indeed.

Turned out well,cheers.
Tugster Very Good Chris !

Did you capture the full reflection in the last one ?

Not sure that I did ,but will see if I still have that file,thanks for comments.

Pons

No1 stands out for me, it's just at a great angle, nice height off the ground and the horse looks effortless. Excellent shot.

Can't pic a favourite they're very good :)

Glad you like Scott,Thanks.

ACW Great set, especially like 2, 4 and 5.
Thanks .
yamahatdm900 Cracking stuff Chris - no 1 must be my fav, BUT the biggest shock is 4 - The Pons does a close crop I do love the shot mind you

:):LOL:,I am never too old to learn ,Graham .
The Horses do lend themselves to it ,the muscle definition does it for me .
RobC_was_taken No1 stands out for me, it's just at a great angle, nice height off the ground and the horse looks effortless. Excellent shot.
Thanks Rob ,was chuffed with it ,had a few more from spot came out well,but not as well as this one.

Thanks folks ,your very kind.
Pons

No 1 is a beautiful shot, agree with the top crop comment. On No 4 its wonderful to see so much detail, feels like every ripple of muscle is caught. Well Done!

Some really excellent images here
the crops look great as do the angles very sharp and contrasty
a lot of the other Horse togs on this forum should take a good look at these
one of the best horse sets I have seen in a while on here
well done
Chris

Thanks Chris ,am very flattered ,I do reckon the Eventing is my best thing as there is so much to see and photograph that you can only really scratch the surface some days ,what with Dressage,Show Jumping and x country.

Unlike the Rallys where it's full on for a while ,then can be long gaps ,plus you cannot usually get back to service for other stuff.

Gary Coyle No 1 is a belter Chris, looks almost 3D

Cheers Gary .
doghouse No 1 is a beautiful shot, agree with the top crop comment. On No 4 its wonderful to see so much detail, feels like every ripple of muscle is caught. Well Done!

Thanks,sure did work out well .

Pons

First one is an absolute stunner..................(y)

Thought I had commented on what a lovely set these were but seems not. Cant pick a favourite they all supurb.

Trimpley Heavy Horse Festival on 29th July may be of interest if youve never been Plenty of variety of of the working horse on and around the farm. not too far away.

Some cracking shots in there, I love the first one but the fourth is a run away winner for me.

Nice work. I really like the first one as much for the surroundings than anything else. No4 is excellent and for what it's worth, in my opinion the close crop works well.

Thought I had commented on what a lovely set these were but seems not. Cant pick a favourite they all supurb.

Trimpley Heavy Horse Festival on 29th July may be of interest if youve never been Plenty of variety of of the working horse on and around the farm. not too far away.

Very kind,Les ,and many thanks for the info re Trimpley ,thats right by SVR so could be a dual day .:

thumbs:turbotom really nice set
, Cheers .

Mikesphotaes Some cracking shots in there, I love the first one but the fourth is a run away winner for me.

Thanks, as you know Eventing is amazing for photos ,such a spectacle.

Mark_Fletcher Nice work. I really like the first one as much for the surroundings than anything else. No4 is excellent and for what it's worth, in my opinion the close crop works well.

1 was an amazing spot ,the event was cancelled this year after one day :bang: I too was pleased the crop shot,really shows just good these riders and horses are.
ANDY1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Coyle View Post
No 1 is a belter Chris, looks almost 3D
Totally agree! What a shot! 3D indeed!
Thanks ,came out really well .

rallying1 No4 is cracking , good skills

Thanks folks for kind comments .

Pons

Really nice set Chris. Numbers 1 and 4 are standouts. (y)

Back