A few frogs (& toads)

Name
kurt
Edit My Images
No
Common Sunda Toad (Duttaphrynus melanostictus).
Duttaphrynus melanostictus_MG_6660 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

River Toad (Phrynoidis aspera). Selangor, Malaysia.
Phrynoidis aspera_MG_5959 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Lovely pair of Malayan Flying Frogs (Rhacophorus prominanus) in amplexus. Montane forest of Malaysia.
Rhacophorus prominanus_MG_5816 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Rhacophorus prominanus_MG_5815 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Beautiful Cinnamon Frog (Nyctixalus pictus). We found for of them in one night. Selangor, Malaysia.
Nyctixalus pictus_MG_5976 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

How many mosquitoes on this frog? Frog on steroid! Nah, just kidding. They are naturally muscular and can get really big too, up to 15cm. This one was only about 10cm from snout to vent. Malesian Frog (Limnonectes malesianus).
Limnonectes malesianus_MG_6586 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

Go ahead, take a nap. Norhayati's Flying Frog (Rhacophorus norhayatii). Malaysia.
Rhacophorus norhayatii_MG_6446 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

You're feeling sleepy......you're feeling really really sleepy....you're feeling really really really sleepy....
Rhacophorus norhayatii_MG_6441 copy by Kurt (orionmystery.blogspot.com), on Flickr

More frogs: http://orionmystery.blogspot.com/2014/08/tropical-frogs.html

Once again a really "Excellent" set of images Kurt.(y)

George.

Frogging hell, these shots are fantastique. like above, The cinnamon frog is real cute (y)

Superb set of frogs Kurt.

I count 5 Mosquitos, 4 differs types. The shot is a bit out of focus so I can't ID the Mosquitos for you. Only kiddin of course.

Are you giving back the Venus or was it just a loan?

Not sure if they'll ask for it back. Doubt it though.

Excellent set Kurt, as always!

I do have to ask though - did you lick any toads? o_O

Thanks, Carl. No, I didn't lick the toad. Wouldn't either. Why? :D

Frogging hell, these shots are fantastique. like above, The cinnamon frog is real cute (y)

Thanks, Graham.

Amazing! Amazing and amazing :)

Thanks, Matt.

Some stunning quality images here.

Thank you, Paul.

Superb set of frogs Kurt.

I count 5 Mosquitos, 4 differs types. The shot is a bit out of focus so I can't ID the Mosquitos for you. Only kiddin of course.

Thanks, T0p Cat. Yes, 4 or 5 mosquitoes, not sure if they're the same types though :D

homertoad_3794.jpg

Back