A few from Aberfeldy

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
We stopped off at Aberfeldy on way home last week as it was such a nice day
so we had a wander up the Birks for the views . (midday sun)

R (22).JPG

R (48).JPG

R (75).JPG

R (86).JPG

R (89).JPG

1. Nice idea. I don't mind the Out of Focus immediate foreground, the "distant" view and bigger picture is in focus - that is what matters. A mistake a lot of people make is going for a longer exposure than is what is needed. You can see the distant ferns have blurred because of this and it marrs the image, in my book anyway. You can get "movement" in water with shutter speeds of around 1/6th of a second. Its often better as tyhe water retains more texture
2. Better composition but consider the comments above re water movement.
3. Hmm. Some leaves on the ground. Great. It's good to experiment and see what works for you. Shots like this, do not work for me but they do for others.

4,5, I know these views well. Folliage that gets in the way can be an issue. Have you considered going down the Tummel direction, it is very nice there too.

I know these views well. Folliage that gets in the way can be an issue. Have you considered going down the Tummel direction, it is very nice there too.

Thanks for the advice Steve , taken on board .
I hate going to these places and not having the time I want to spend there , and especially the wrong time of day . (busy place at times) , as for Tummel area not been as yet
but on my to do list, just got back from up North , a few days visit to Gairloch (stunning place)

Back