A few from around Buttermere

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
Gorgeous atmosphere first thing
High Crag rubbing its eyes in the morning by G.A.D, on Flickr

I've always liked this tarn. Always looks like an infinity pool.
View from Haystacks over to Looking Stead by G.A.D, on Flickr

A familiar scene shot from the other side of the lake
Buttermere pines and lake house. by G.A.D, on Flickr

Does this count as a landscape still?
F15 over Buttermere by G.A.D, on Flickr

A done to death scene but when I woke up to a nice covering snow, it had to be done.
Buttermere pines in the snow by G.A.D, on Flickr

The first is excellent. The amount of sky over the hill is (in my view) only just enough; would it help to crop a little off the bottom to increase the 'weight' of the sky?

The first is excellent. The amount of sky over the hill is (in my view) only just enough; would it help to crop a little off the bottom to increase the 'weight' of the sky?

Thanks John. That was a really gorgeous sight first thing. I spent a lot of time just staring! I played around with the crop a bit I think but maybe I should have a little revisit. I also have a mono one that I shot that I really like, might pop that up later.

very nice indeedy, I do like that last one.

Thanks. I like that scene but have seen it done so often that I wasn't desperate to photo it. But funny what a snow covering can do to your mindset. I hung around there for quite a while hoping for snow to stop just enough to get a better view of the fell behind higher up but it was a bit of white out which is why I kept it quite tight.

"Excellent" set of images, liking all of these very much.

George.

The first is stunning in good set Graham the sunlit area on the last mono is rather grey and lacking in the brightness I would expect the F15 is a bit too

No. 5 the best for me. As you say, a very photographed location but I don't remember ever seeing it with snow before. It really does make it look so different.
No. 4 caught me out.... I was thinking it was quite bland at first but then I saw the plane.

No. 5 the best for me. As you say, a very photographed location but I don't remember ever seeing it with snow before. It really does make it look so different.
No. 4 caught me out.... I was thinking it was quite bland at first but then I saw the plane.

Cheers. I actually don't especially like the plane one that much but it was great to watch (there were about 6 of them) and seemed worth sharing.

Back