Lord of the rings.

8-4.jpg

Explaining aperture.

6-4.jpg

Top hat.

4-4.jpg

Emo love.

5-4.jpg

Air conditioned milkshakes? Keeps em cold....

3-4.jpg

Sleepy sole.

2-4.jpg

Charlotte. Simply stunning.

1-4.jpg

another cracking set there!
you got a lovely exposure on the ice cream lady

the first three are brilliant as is "Emo love" i like the blurred legs(y)

'Emo Love' is great - a real Bresson 'decisive moment' there.

I wish you'd included the figures full length in the first shot. :shrug:

CT said:
'Emo Love' is great - a real Bresson 'decisive moment there.

I wish you'd included the figures full length in the first shot. :shrug:

So do I, was a 'from the hip' moment.

I felt shattered this weekend. I was in town and for the first time I was challenged by two women who assumed I was taking pictures of children playing in the fountain, when I was in fact stood over the guy fast asleep. It was awful, all I heard was 'oi, you better not be taking pictures of the children'. I said, 'pardon me but I am not' and she retorted 'well my little girl said you were' which I could not believe. At that point, the girl came over, perhaps 9 - 10 years old and said 'no, mummy, I meant look at that man taking pictures of the man asleep', to which she then decided to apologise. By that time I had asked her how she thought I felt. I was able to back up my argument by showing her my pictures on the memory card. At that point I packed up my gear and went home and have decided to take a break from it this week, hence why the group discussion is awkward though it works to a degree.

I can understand the concern but I would never dream of that :(

Diego.

Sad innit.? I was taking photos at a funfair last year when a knuckle dragger came over and asked me outright... "Hey mate... you a p*** or what" I put my nose about an inch from his and asked him if he thought I looked like a 'kin p***. He shot off a bit quicker than he came over. :)

Sign of the times Diego... unfortunately.

Don't let it get you down mate. There are some sick sods in this world and sometimes people's concern is understandable but sometimes it's just another example of the politically correct overkill we all have to put up with.

Don't let it stop you taking photos. Something like it was bound to happen sooner or later, so you'll be wiser and a little more cautious for the experience. ;)

CT said:
Don't let it get you down mate. There are some sick sods in this world and sometimes people's concern is understandable but sometimes it's just another example of the politically correct overkill we all have to put up with.

Don't let it stop you taking photos. Something like it was bound to happen sooner or later, so you'll be wiser and a little more cautious for the experience. ;)

quite right... It sounds like you delt with it well. Showing the images is a sure fire way of defussing the situation. Its a shame it has to be like this though. When i was at collage in '95 me and my friend went out to a riding school with our cameras, told the ower we illustrators and needed reference shots. we were allowed to spend the whole day there taking pictures of everyone; adults and children alike. Everybody was more than helpful and no one gave it a second thought. wouldnt be able to do that now.
How things have changed...:shrug:

lumpster said:
quite right... It sounds like you delt with it well. Showing the images is a sure fire way of defussing the situation. Its a shame it has to be like this though. When i was at collage in '95 me and my friend went out to a riding school with our cameras, told the ower we illustrators and needed reference shots. we were allowed to spend the whole day there taking pictures of everyone; adults and children alike. Everybody was more than helpful and no one gave it a second thought. wouldnt be able to do that now.
How things have changed...:shrug:

Yeah. Been taking pictures on and off for a long time but this was the first time. Shame. I think the break will do me good anyway.

Diego

Another cracking batch of shots Diego 'emo love' and the ice cream lady are my favourites. Good on you for standing up for yourself too. I agree that it is a sad world we live in today.

I think what made it worse was the fact that everyone in earshot which was a lot of people, pricked up thier ears....

good set Diego.

Sign of the times. I went to a skatepark party on sunday, lef thte camera at home though as i didnt want to be labelled any kind of perv. The minority spoil it for majority, thats always the way, and the TINY handful of sicko ****s are making photography difficult

Luckily, only being 16 i can perhaps get away with taking photos in areas like that where you all might be asked questions about your intent. I guess it is kind of sad, but it's stereotypes these days that people apply to things, it's awfull. :( Although saying that, at my little sisters sports day at her school yesterday when i was taking photos i didn't half get some funny looks when i put the 70-200 on! :(

'Emo Love' - what a cracker!

Never mind the chattering masses. They're all Trailer-Park people anyway...
You should hear what I have to put up with - people shoot AK-47's and RPGs at me fer Chrissakes!

Back