A few from Donington Park this weekend (superbikes)

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
acoates.jpg

dpaton.jpg

lhaslam.jpg

olinsdell.jpg

All were taken with my new 70-300 IS USM lens (that I am very happy with).

Enjoy

I can see why you are happy with the new lens Braeden. That is one sweet series. I like the first and the third shot. You should be proud of those.

Cheers,

Jewel :)

Excellent series! The light was obviously changeable with the brightest shot being the outstanding one. Well done on your panning technique:thumb:

Nice set of shots , if you get fed up with the lens I could look after it for you ;)

Some of them could do with a bit of shadow/highlight adjustment to bring out the suspension / rear wheel detail (imo....) I ran No3 through elements with shadow/highlight set at default 50% & got this :-
lhaslam.jpg

All the pics had was auto levels etc and a touch of sharpening, I'm still working my way around cs2 so thanks for the input - the rework certainly packs more punch.

Good shots :)

It seems that you have got a great version of the lens :thumb:

I would second that, first two are at 1/160th at 300mm. Ahhh, the wonder of IS...!
:)

SammyC said:
I would second that, first two are at 1/160th at 300mm. Ahhh, the wonder of IS...!
:)

IS mode 2 is a godsend, you can really see the difference between no IS and mode 2 (which I was told wouldn't be any good for panning shots, but it looks like they were wrong - in my opinion anyway)

Some cracking shots there, I can only assume they were all taken on Saturday seeing the weather on Sunday. ;)

yes they were all taken on Saturday - I haven't gone through Sundays photos yet

mode 2 IS is where the IS only works along one axis instead of both. Dpending on where and what you read it can be both good and bad for panning shots, personally I think it's brilliant.

Back