A few from Dubai (all with boats in, for some strange reason!?).

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these on my Olympus E420 (great little DSLR for travelling with :)).

efb82f5a.jpg

Too much going on in the foreground on this one, or not :|?

14ad783c.jpg

Mmm, tranquil :D!

c4f6b6d1.jpg

d9e42b3d.jpg

5c0b29dd.jpg

Last edited:
I love arabian boats, their textures and colours are amazing (y)

No.3 for me. The contrast against the rickety boats and the 21st century buildings is stark.

I love #3 my Dad lives on the other side of the Creek in Marsa Plaza - any photos of that would be appreciated as I don't get to go over much (once since he moved out there nearly 2 years ago) since I can't afford the time or money.

DB

i agree with 3 :D awesome shot. I would just love to go to dubai what an amazing looking place, so modern and it shows so much in that shot

the first two are of that hotel yes? i don't like what that hotel represents with what they have done.

the creek is an awesome place - love the second two

the first two are of that hotel yes? i don't like what that hotel represents with what they have done.

The hotel is the Madinat Jumeriah IIRC (you may be thinking about Atlantis?) nice view from the bridge to the Burj Al Arab

DB

I love #3 my Dad lives on the other side of the Creek in Marsa Plaza - any photos of that would be appreciated as I don't get to go over much (once since he moved out there nearly 2 years ago) since I can't afford the time or money.

DB

Hi Impspeed :)!

Your Dad's a lucky man, by the sounds of it. I do have quite a lot more pictures from around the Creek area on my website (link in my sig ;)), in the "Photos - Travel" section, although not so many from around the Marina. Feel free to go and have a look :).

the creek is an awesome place - love the second two

That's right, that (fake) creek is in the vicinity of the "Burj el Arrab" ...

6891a8c4.jpg

If you're visiting Dubai any time, a boat trip long the Creek is a really good way to see "both sides of Dubai", literally. There's the old city with the souks on one side and the modern skyscrapers on the other :).

Also, you tend to see the richer and the poorer people together, in the same space, as well as the contrast between the old boats and the modern buildings (which is what I was trying to capture in Pic 3).

The light tends to be pretty good for photography too - bonus :D!

Nice set, number 2's my fave.

Thank you ES :)!

I'm really not just "saying this", but #2 has always been my favourite from that set. Many of the pictures that I took on the wide end of my Olympus 14-42mm kit lens, suffered from distortion in the right hand side, whereas the shots (like #3) taken with the 40-150mm lens, tend to look very natural, IMO :|.

Last edited:
not meaning to diss your photography choices Naboo32 but because i know that surrounding is fake it just doesn't work for me - Dubai is really going down the tacky Las Vegas route with the Jumeriah and Atlantis, it's not good.

not meaning to diss your photography choices Naboo32 but because i know that surrounding is fake it just doesn't work for me - Dubai is really going down the tacky Las Vegas route with the Jumeriah and Atlantis, it's not good.

Yeah, that's a criticism that I heard a lot whilst I was out there :|.
Still, it's more colourful at this time of year than my town, so what the hell :p!?

;)

Back