A few from Elgol

Edit My Images
No
Ok, so I know it is one of the most overdone locations but it is impossible to resist! Spent a week on Skye a fortnight ago and had rain every day. I risked an evening at Elgol and the rain stopped for a couple of hours. No one else was there, the light was magical and the rain kept the midges at bay! Here are a couple that I have started working on. I know some people might not like how dark they are but I feel they are more representative of how it was on that night.
Any comments/criticism/advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks for looking, Sandra

D200 with Nikon 17-55 f2.8

Hi Sandra, I love the mood that you have created here and I don't think your pictures are too dark at all. If I had any suggestion to make it would be to reduce the magenta cast somewhat in images #2 and #3.

What a place, I just love it. The first is full of good old Scottish drama. Lovely photo.

Gary.

The first one is really stunning and captures how the light can throw drama out of nowhere on a grey day. You must have been practically sat on the JCB there.

First one is stunning! I might want to try and brighten up the right hand side just a touch but aside from that, awesome shot.

Great shots of a very photogenic place.

Lovely Sandra - reminds me of a similar fortnight on Skye in 2007 (pre SLR) - I stayed near Uig and got lovely post-rain sunsets across the Minch, wish I'd had more time around Elgol.

Thanks for all your comments - Skye is such a special place, even with all the rain!

Back