all comments and criticism more than welcome

would love to know better ways to approach this sort of photography

thanks for looking

hh5g.jpg

hh4p.jpg

hh3.jpg

hh2f.jpg

hh1g.jpg

Just added these two after peoples comments , not really sure if they work , comments please ?

hhbw1a.jpg

third2.jpg

thanks for looking

Last edited:
I think losing the base of the building in 2 spoils that one.

I like the symmetry in 5 though and I like the view through the window in 4 a lot too... did you shoot that from the top window in the derelict building in 3?

I think losing the base of the building in 2 spoils that one.

I like the symmetry in 5 though and I like the view through the window in 4 a lot too... did you shoot that from the top window in the derelict building in 3?

I cropped #2 because there were people at the base of the building , i've probably spoilt it though

yes , #4 was shot from one of the windows in #3 , its a very interesting place i just need some ideas

thanks very much for your comments

I really like 4 and 5. Shame there were so many clouds in #4 though, some blue sky would have really worked in my opinion.

It would be interesting to see #3 in B&W with some kind of spooky/ethereal post processing applied to it....

Me too - 4 and 5.

With 4 I think you should have got the whole of the house within that 'pane' of the window so it acted as a frame. Having part of the house obscured spoils it a little.

With 5, did you try playing with the rule of thirds to get a different aspect rather than symmetrical? May improve it.

It would be interesting to see #3 in B&W with some kind of spooky/ethereal post processing applied to it....

I wish i knew how ! I've had a bit of a play , see updated pics

thanks very much for taking the time to comment :)

Me too - 4 and 5.

With 4 I think you should have got the whole of the house within that 'pane' of the window so it acted as a frame. Having part of the house obscured spoils it a little.

With 5, did you try playing with the rule of thirds to get a different aspect rather than symmetrical? May improve it.

thanks for your comments :) i see what you mean re obscuring the house , its these little careless moments that wreck my photos !

Last edited:
Very nice set. Agree with the comments about shot #4, a good idea but the building would look better centrally framed in the window.

My daughter is getting married inside Hardwick Hall in a couple of months, its a lovely place.

To be honest, other than the MONO which I am not fussed about, you have done really well. The first few in the set expeccially so.

Gary.

To be honest, other than the MONO which I am not fussed about, you have done really well. The first few in the set expeccially so.

Gary.

thanks very much !

I personally think i dropped lucky with the weather because in my opinion the sky's have really helped the shots

thanks very much !

I personally think i dropped lucky with the weather because in my opinion the sky's have really helped the shots

Absolutely, but thats the point. The sky is critical to photos which include sky :) If the sky had not been right, these would not have worked. The sky is right, you shot, the photos work. Knowing when NOT to shoot is key :)

Gary.

Back