A few from last nights TP Aberdeen meet

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
As per subject, few i captured last night at the Aberdeen TP meet...

TPMeet1.jpg

TPMeet2.jpg

TPMeet3.jpg

Thanks for looking, feel free to comment.

Mike

Number 2 works well for me.

Those large wet beach pebbles would make a great foreground feature.

2 for me also, but moving a step or two right and using the pebbles on the right to lead into the lighthouse may have worked better.

Aberdeen has never looked so good! I have been in and out of that port more times than I can remember on various seismic boats. Will have to bring my camera and get some shots next time. Thanks for sharing.

HI Mike,

Great images, but no.2 is my favourite also, the water and sky is perfectly balanced. (y)
I only had time for a quick look through mine, but so far i have realised i need to clean my sensor :bang: the amount of dust is unbelievable.

Great to meet you last night. (y)

Chris,.

The sky in No3 is stunning! Very dramatic! All good shots.

No 2 is a peach, all the elements coming together exceptionally well.

Your horizon is slightly out in 1 & 2

Hi all
Here are 3 of mine. The best of a bad bunch I'm afraid.

*** NOTE TO MYSELF***
Remember to take cable release in future. Most of my dark o'clock images had a slight shake which I think may have been caused my pressing the shutter.
Also I must get into the habit of using my Lee ND grads. I've had them for nearly a year and never used them yet.

ferry.jpg

harbour21of1.jpg

lhouse21of1-2.jpg

Now it must be considered that my 5DII is back for repair. I didn't want to turn up without a camera so I bought a Canon 100 IS in Argos at 2:00pm and it's the size of a credit card. The following is my offering.

013.jpg

027.jpg

And the others:

024.jpg

025.jpg

Thanks all for the comments, yeah think i am slightly off on the horizon :bang:

HI Mike,

Great images, but no.2 is my favourite also, the water and sky is perfectly balanced. (y)
I only had time for a quick look through mine, but so far i have realised i need to clean my sensor :bang: the amount of dust is unbelievable.

Great to meet you last night. (y)

Chris,.

Thats a shame, can you not photoshop them out?

2 for me also, but moving a step or two right and using the pebbles on the right to lead into the lighthouse may have worked better.

More like this?

587e1980.jpg

Nice to meet you all last night too, defo have to do this again sometime

Stunning shots, :clap:,

can't beleive i missed the thread for this:bang:

Next time I'll be there!:D

:)

Great shots guys, I missed the thread too, I'll keep my eyes open for the next one.

Cheers,

Paul

aye, good work lads, hopefully be able to get along to the next one :)

Excellent stuff chaps. i was playing with my camera more than concentrating on the subject. Below is also my first attempt with HDR . I was pretty sure i had some decent shots looking west, but when you see them on a monitor they arent too impressive.:crying:

HDR1-800.jpg

Al

Last edited:
Aberdeen has never looked so good! I have been in and out of that port more times than I can remember on various seismic boats. Will have to bring my camera and get some shots next time. Thanks for sharing.

Same here, i used to work on DSV's. i was always too busy getting ready for the pub to notice the harbour entrance!

Thats a shame, can you not photoshop them out?

Ye i can clone them out, but just need to remember to clean it, will need to get round to posting mine, hopefully tonight.

Hi Gang,

Not been ignoring you but been at college and working flat out. Firstly, brilliant shots. Some inspiring stuff and secondly it was really good to meet you all. I will post a few of the night shortly.

Hi,

Eventually got around to editing my photos from the meet, again it was great to meet you all and hopefully do it again soon. (y)

Here are a couple of the images
3893783838_a01a1f6951_o.jpg

3893784158_b7ff9dda13_o.jpg

Cheers

Chris.

Hi Mike, looks like you guys had a pretty great night! :D I like your 2nd shot best and as he suggests, a few more of those pebbles as a lead in would have been nice. Nevertheless, you've captured the dusk quite nicely. We by-passed Aberdeen when touring Scotland but your pictures give a glimpse of what we missed.

Here are 3 of my effort's

1:

2:

3:

Great fun on the night and remember to check out the thread for the next meet

Back