A few from last weeks Wedding

Nice set
For me no:5

H

proper wedding photogrpahy... like things like number 6 .. thats what its about.. seeing things other than bog standard stuff .. loverly set .

Some nice work there, particularly like 7 & 12. 13 is spoiled by the pillar emerging from her back but that could clone out.

I love this venue, the gardens are gorgeous and you are spoiled for choice as far as photo spots go but it always seems to rain whenever I'm there - very envious of that sky in #11!

Wow thanks guys. We were umming and arring over uploading them to TP as it can be quite a harsh place! It's only our second Wedding on our own as K&L but very happy with how things are going now with bookings :)

JPW I agree with that about 13 not something I'd noticed actually. Sometimes you just need to take a step back and have a break from looking at your own photos!

Yeah we were quite lucky with the sky, I'm looking forward to getting more Weddings there as it was the first time I'd even been to the venue.

Could I do better - very doubtfull, so here goes being brutal
1) Handle behind bride - dont like it
2/3)Dress detail isnt showing through
5) Handle in middle of bride's back, chair in teh background distarcting
6) I would crop the top off so you only see the reflections in the pool
7) Chaps head showing over lion on teh left - distracting
8) Guests taking photographs - dont like them, distracting, less dof maybe, or blur in PP
11) I think the angle doesnt flatter the bride.
13)Bride has a column to her left which is distracting
14) Turn bride slightly so she doesnt have to crane round so much and be so square onto camera, makes her look very wide across shoulders, also creases her neck too much, dont like the highlight to her left.
15) Light splodges from out of focus flora makes her dress look like its been marked
16) Love it.

These are obviously my personal views, I'm not a wedding photographer but your shots are in "critique" so I have posted my views, sorry, the rest are very good.

Thanks guys.

Venue was Consall Hall, Staffordshire.

MatBin appreciate your thoughts and I did post them in the critique forum for a reason.

I think some of your points forget the fact it was a wedding day and we try to be as non-intrusive as possible as that's our main selling point. For example No 5. This wasn't set up, she was chatting to a friend outside on the patio while she stood by the door to get some fresh air. In an ideal world, I would have stopped everything, moved the chair, got rid of the umbrella and then posed the shot. It's just not possible to do such things on a Wedding day in a house full of 15 people trying to get ready on time. I'm very much of the opinion that (as cliche as this sounds) I'm just there to capture the day as it happens. If they are in the bedroom getting ready and there are clothes bags around and on the floor...that's part of the brides Wedding day as far as I'm concerned.

If I was taking the shots for a catalogue or in the studio then most of your points would be addressed.

I take your points on board though so thanks :)

Thanks guys.

Venue was Consall Hall, Staffordshire.

MatBin appreciate your thoughts and I did post them in the critique forum for a reason.

I think some of your points forget the fact it was a wedding day and we try to be as non-intrusive as possible as that's our main selling point. For example No 5. This wasn't set up, she was chatting to a friend outside on the patio while she stood by the door to get some fresh air. In an ideal world, I would have stopped everything, moved the chair, got rid of the umbrella and then posed the shot. It's just not possible to do such things on a Wedding day in a house full of 15 people trying to get ready on time. I'm very much of the opinion that (as cliche as this sounds) I'm just there to capture the day as it happens. If they are in the bedroom getting ready and there are clothes bags around and on the floor...that's part of the brides Wedding day as far as I'm concerned.

If I was taking the shots for a catalogue or in the studio then most of your points would be addressed.

I take your points on board though so thanks :)

Tom hi, as I said they were only my opinion and likewise you are just as entitled to yours and to work the way you do to ensure you get repeat bookings.
After all you're doing it for a living :)
Glad you didnt take it the wrong way, I can be a super critical old F**t !

Tbh if the couple are happy with your stuff then no-one on an internet forum really has any right to comment.

Back