A few from Manchester

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided as I had the the day off i'd go to Manchester airport and watch a few planes. Dodging the questions about a particular plane from a keen spotter I managed to get a few shots from some well used spotting locations. Couldn't believe how close you could get. Recommended day out if you're into planes.

1) Spotter in action

IMG_3017copy.jpg

2) Plane lining up for take off, Thomson Fly I think

IMG_3005copy.jpg

3) First Choice Holiday Makers jetting off

IMG_3034copy.jpg

4) A BA liveried plane
IMG_3081copy.jpg

5) An Etihad Plane

IMG_3087copy.jpg

No 3 for me. Nice colour contrast.

Good shots :) I stumbled accross Manchester Airport’s Aviation Viewing Park - but it doesnt look like thats where you were, where about were you? looks like a good spot :)

I went to 2 places. The first was off of a path near Styal Country Park and the other was again on a foot path down some back lanes. Locations are easy to find here:

http://www.plane-mad.com/guides.php?guide=MAN

I went to "Spot C" and Spot "D" shown in the guide.

I've not managed to get over the other side of the airfield yet, but by all accounts the light is far better than from the viewing area and shows in your photo's.

Well done, nice set.

Steve...

:LOL: I like the spotter pic.

Good stuff look forward to seeing more.

Bill

Hi Nice photos, I was there too yesterday for an hour or so, at the aviation viewing area, particularly good spot between 1200 & 1500 as runway 23L/05R is closed (for lunch). Meet up with another TPF member Neil from Bradford.
Think I'll go again found it quite enjoyable, some of you may think it a bit strange as Manchester Airport is my base & I'm normally driving the planes!
Kevin :)

ah but when you are watching them around the airport it is a slightly different view.

Back