A few from my son's football game

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
All shot on my new 7D2 which I am trying to get the hang of using a 1st version 70-200mm F2.8 IS. This was my first real shoot with the new camera. I got a good few more in-focus shots than my 1d iii for a similar amount taken. The crop factor and extra pixels are big features for me.

C7D20848_zpspbu8ltcw.jpg

C7D20852_zpsb2km0o5t.jpg

C7D20835_zpsdlarkmk9.jpg

C7D20487_zpswt5lxqgh.jpg

C7D20567_zpseygy5hco.jpg

C7D20626_zpsygaozrvh.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not a pro by any means, but I'm liking the shots - great colours and showing a sense of action and some great tackles and wonderful facial expressions ...

Is your son on any ?

Thanks, My son is in No4 in the red and white. He played at the back today, normally up front, and I tend to position myself behind the goal they are shooting towards. I'll change in a week or two as I want to get enough shots for some calendars for all the boys. I have way too many pics of the midfield and front men so will have to set up in a different spot.

Nice set. Like the isolation of the 3rd shot best. Well done.

Also think number 3 is the best - both for isolation and the emotion/dynamism.

Kids football is notorious for cluttered backgrounds. I'm not sure what aperture you have used but it may have been better wide open to throw the background out of focus (1 & 2). 3 is great. 4 doesn't show enough of their faces and 5 & 6 suffer from half bodies in the frame - you could have cropped 6 to remove the player on the right.

Not a pro and have photographed my son for a number of years and it is more about getting the photograph, so well done. The kids and parents will be well chuffed with them.

I'm not knocking anyone else's opinions but for me, the cluttered backgrounds actually work. It makes it stand out that it's kids football but yet the dof is shallow enough to highlight the action and not make the background distracting.

Last edited:
Yeah, I suppose it’s difficult getting really low with the little people, some great shots (by you and the kids)!

Back