A few from oop north

Name
Angi
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got back from 5 days in the north east last night, heres just a few from my trip. I very stupidly forgot my filters - how annoying is that!!!

St_Mary__s_lighthouse_by_AngiNelson.jpg

St_Mary__s_lighthouse_V2_by_AngiNelson.jpg

St_Mary__s_lighthouse_V3_by_AngiNelson.jpg

Sands_of_time_by_AngiNelson.jpg

Plus a split toned version of the last one
Duality_by_AngiNelson.jpg

Is this the most photographed lighthouse on TP? I seem to have seen countless shots of it lately, and to make matters worse, I have some of my own currently awaiting processing.

Number #1 is the pick of the bunch for me. Though is almost two different images. There doesn't really seem to be any cohesion between the left and the right. #2 seems a little small in the frame, as do #4 and #5. #3 again, I like, but is a little central and at this scale the lobster pot(?) just looks like a pile of rubbish.

My 'pick' would be #1 but with the exposure of #3 and the sharpening reduced a bit to lose the halos ;)

Liking number 1 and 4. I wanted to take a photo of those wooden posts on my visit but some inconsiderate member of the public went and plonked themselves in front on them!

Nice photos in all though.

I think the first one in HDR would look amazing!

These are good and if you are upset about not having your filters I would have loved to see the improvement you could have made on the day. They look fine without them to me.
I keep saying I must get myself down there to the lighthouse and also Tynemouth pier and some the other places on the Northumberland coast that folk would love to live beside :bonk:

Nice well composed series - no 1 and 4 work best for me.

number 1 is brilliant, looks lovely, but cold?? ......

Last edited:
#1 is great - and with some cropping, you could two images from it; but #4 is terrific.

Thanks for all the comments every one. I think landscapes and portraits are my weakest areas so I am practicing as often as I can this year in an effort to improve.

Back