A few from over christmas (My 1st self dev'd film!)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi chaps,

Just developed these last night using my new starter kit I got for chrimbo!
Shot on praktica mtl-50 with helios 58mm (I think!) on tri-x 400

Any ideas as to why the line across the middle of the second to last pic?
Comments and crit are more than welcome!

:)

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

0017.jpg

0020.jpg

0025.jpg

Hi chaps,

Just developed these last night using my new starter kit I got for chrimbo!
Shot on praktica mtl-50 with helios 58mm (I think!) on tri-x 400

Any ideas as to why the line across the middle of the second to last pic?
Comments and crit are more than welcome!

:)

2 & 3 are the killer shots, but they are all nicely exposed and developed - well done!

Now the line on shot 5? Did you squeegee the film? My money's on something used to wipe the excess water off the film went wrong here and left a drying mark. It could also be a scratch caused by the squeegee (or fingers). Scanner's sometimed cause lines a bit like this for a number of reasons, but I think this mark is on the negative.

I didn't squeegee no, I've checked really closely and it's definitely developed on the film like this :confused:

Great start, Tim (y)!

The second one is just spot on - focus, exposure, composition etc., all work for me.

He may not appreciate it now (being young and all ;)), but I bet that your mate (in #2) will really be glad of that photo in later life :).

Great start, Tim (y)!

The second one is just spot on - focus, exposure, composition etc., all work for me.

He may not appreciate it now (being young and all ;)), but I bet that your mate (in #2) will really be glad of that photo in later life :).

Agree totally, absolutely nailed number 2 :) i might be tempted to rotate it a bit to straighten up the shed?

Beautiful narrow DOF in those shots. These are from your first self dev'ed film? If you don't mind me asking what chemicals did you use? Everything {except the changing bag} has finally arrived for my own home developing & I'm just curious as to what others are using? Thank you.

This was D76 developer at stock at concentration, and ilford fix & stop.
Personally I'd recommend finding a pitch black corner of your house to do your first one, it didn't go quite as smoothly as I expected and had to pull apart my patterson a couple of times! now I've got the feel for it it's much easier though.
Thanks for the comments guys, my scanning technique has come on leaps and bonds so may be re-doing these soon.

great if thats a first attempt, remember my first time at it back in September, getting the film fed onto the spool was a serious pain.

Back