A few from Saturdays Wedding

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
If you want a really honest opinion,the bride is struggling to look happy on her big day. See No #5. (Or 1-4 as well)

Also 7 in my opinion is a bit of an odd shot to take. What were you hoping to get from this?

Love the photos, esp the coloured ones. Agree with Lynton, that the bride doesn.t look happy, probably hates her photo taken?

A close up of the hands in #7 may have worked better.

I got plenty of the bride smiling, but I really like shot's that give mood and feeling.

Also 7 in my opinion is a bit of an odd shot to take. What were you hoping to get from this?

Maybe, but I kind of borrowed the idea from a couple of award winning and highly rated photographers, and I quite liked it, but point taken (y)

Last edited:
I got plenty of the bride smiling, but I really like shot's that give mood and feeling.

Maybe, but I kind of borrowed the idea ]from a couple of award winning and highly rated photographers, and I quite liked it, but point taken (y)

I kinda saw that, Ross (RDH) does things like that, I guess it looks more out of place with the few pics you posted as it doesn't fit in to the storyboard quite as well. Maybe, if you linked to the full set of pics it may fit in better. :shrug:

Last edited:
1-4 her legs have melted ;). More seriously they'd benefit from a more consistant approach to your editing. It seems some areas have been smoothed but some still need it.

5 is nice, but her expression spoils it for me.

6 for me doesn't work. The composition is poor and serves only to make her look very short. You've done a better job of this in 8

9. I like

1 - I think you are maybe shooting down at too much of an angle, she looks very submissive and slightly awkward being sideways on to the camera. Shooting slightly wider and getting her to tilt her head back and twist her shoulders towards the camera, rather than being hunched forward would help. All very easy to say in hindsight of course.

2 - she still looks submissive, but being square to the camera it works better, I don't like the PP, doesn't fit with the rest of the images.

3 - doesn't work at all for me, all I see is the bright wavy piece of hair coming from her left temple. Not sure what the focus of the image is.

4 - This isn't very flattering at all, does she have a mark/scar/birthmark on her right cheek? The way you have positioned her at 90 degrees to the light is really drawing attention to it.

5 - nice, like the idea, she needs to drop the bouquet down a bit and he needs to relax, all of his weight is on one leg and he's dead square to the camera.

6 - love the light on her face.

7 - nice image

8 - always worth reminding couples that tender kisses look much better in photo's than full on squished noses style smackers. Get the groom to tilt his head away from camera slightly if they don't get what you mean and they are still pressing their noses together.

9 - my favourite of the set, might look good in B&W too, with that shadows boosted a little. If the client hasn't seen these already, would also be worth sorting out his bald spot!

all just my opinion of course...

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments, I will take them all on board.
The bride has got a scar from a birthmark under her eye going down her cheek, Although it's quite visible in some photo's I'm quite happy that without removing it, I've done a pretty good job of not drawing attention to it.

the colour ones are great but 3 and mainly 4 don't work for me, she looks a lot older than she needs to, given how she looks in the colour shots.

I like the set but agree some would be improved if she were smiling more. Especially number 5 where she looks a bit distainful when combined with the framing. I see where you're coming from about liking the shots that are more about 'mood and feeling' and number 2 is a good example of this working well, but 1 and 4 didn't quite nail it. Still good photos, but not spot on even though the difference in expression to number 2 is subtle.

I like the walking away shots too. Good job. (y)

Last edited:
Back