A few from Snowy sunday Derbyshire

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

spent the day indulging in landscapes in a beautifully snowy derbyshire....slowly getting to grips with photomatix & loving the results ( though know it's a marmite subject)...I just love the detail you can get in the sky (y)

5821 by llj666, on Flickr

5730 by llj666, on Flickr

5832 by llj666, on Flickr

5893 by llj666, on Flickr

Really hooked on landscapes now so appreciate all comments , crit , advice

Thanks for looking & hope you like :)

love them all especially #2, gonna give that photmatix a go, whats not to like, pics look superb!

I think all 4 are lovely captures Lynne, number 4 is my favourite though I think. It has really nice colours and is well composed. Fantastic :)

Not a bad set at all when viewed altogether Lynne and landscapes really aren't my thing. All well composed and have interest.
In terms of the processing, #1 looks a little lacking in saturation and contrast, both could be tweaked up a tad and I do mean a tad!
#2 - hmmm, can't help but feel it looks a bit too blue for a sunset/rise, if that makes sense? I know the snow, cold weather, cooler tones are more acceptable, but for me, I would like to see the 'golden hour' be a little more noticeable.
#3 is my fav compositionally and for content, but again, the hdr might need tweaking, its lacking some depth od detail in the lower half where there should be loads given the landscape.
#4 Next to the others, this should be 'boring' but it isn't, very clean & crisp and lots going on in the landscape especially if viewed larger :clap:

Excellent pictures, I like them all.:) I belive you use Raw and use filters to bring the clouds to stand out?

Well done and the efforts to get out there!

love them all especially #2, gonna give that photmatix a go, whats not to like, pics look superb!

Cheers...I'm loving the different stuff you can do with the program (y)

These are very very nice indeed. Great shots Lynne.

Thanks (y)

I think all 4 are lovely captures Lynne, number 4 is my favourite though I think. It has really nice colours and is well composed. Fantastic :)

Cheers (y)

Excellent pictures, I like them all.:) I belive you use Raw and use filters to bring the clouds to stand out?

Well done and the efforts to get out there!

Thanks JB....most of the weekends shots were multiple exposures with a grad blue filter on the 18-270 then played around in Photomatix...only just bought the pro version so learning a lot (y)

All very good,especially like the sky in No2.

Cheers ....I'm loving th detail in the clouds too (y)

Not a bad set at all when viewed altogether Lynne and landscapes really aren't my thing. All well composed and have interest.
In terms of the processing, #1 looks a little lacking in saturation and contrast, both could be tweaked up a tad and I do mean a tad!
#2 - hmmm, can't help but feel it looks a bit too blue for a sunset/rise, if that makes sense? I know the snow, cold weather, cooler tones are more acceptable, but for me, I would like to see the 'golden hour' be a little more noticeable.
#3 is my fav compositionally and for content, but again, the hdr might need tweaking, its lacking some depth od detail in the lower half where there should be loads given the landscape.
#4 Next to the others, this should be 'boring' but it isn't, very clean & crisp and lots going on in the landscape especially if viewed larger :clap:

Thanks for popping in Yv & for such detailed feedback (y) I've only just started getting interested in landscapes as I struggle to " see " good images if that make sense ?

#1......bought photomatix on the saturday so 1st attempt it & wasn't sure how far to push things...still got the RAW so may have another play
#2.....yup...understand exactly what you mean...think I got so carried away with the cloud detail I sort of overlooked the golden tones...another play for this one I think
3#....again ,think I concentrated more on the sky detail than the rest...learning curve of rather large proportions :)

#4....I'm still finding my way round the program , this was more of an experiment to see how natural you can keep an image...just cos it's HDR doesn't mean I have to overcook it everytime..glad you like it & many thanks for the advice...I'm here to learn so it's been a great help (y)

Excellent shots,i really like these that much i have d/loaded the photomatix free trial.:)(y)

Lovely set Lynne and nicely processed.

Kevin :)

Cheers Kevin...glad you like them (y)

just perfect, i'll come back to you for some tips

Beginers luck michael...thanks for the compliment :)

Really nice, I like them a lot, great colours and detail.

Where is 1+4?

Hi Joe....#1 is the canal running alongside the Asda superstore on Aldwarke lane Rotherham ( never ever thought it could look so nice :) ) & 4 is the road leading down from Mam Tor Castleton (y)

Excellent shots,i really like these that much i have d/loaded the photomatix free trial.:)(y)

Photomatix is so much fun...look forward to seeing some images from you (y)

Love, love the last one

Thanks Manda :)

Very nice set, im steering towards the last as my favourite, like the way the road leads you into the image

Back