A few from south coast

S

stupot

Had abit of a late night/early morning photo trip here's a selection of the results

Any comments welcome

IMG_3890.jpg

lighthouse_portrait.jpg

lyme_regis_harbour4.jpg

street_weymouth.jpg

weymouth_harbour_3.jpg

Sunrise_lyme_regis.jpg

hazy_days.jpg

ocean.jpg

Nice set of shots(y)

looks like you were up late/early;)

looks like you were up late/early

I set out at 7.30pm to take some snaps for a couple of hours, ended up getting in at 7.30 next morning and driving about 120 mile round trip along south coast.

My missus thinks i've lost the plot :wacky: , probably have!!

anyway thanks for your comments

Not sure what's going on with the 3rd shot (tides out) is that mist or processing?

I do like the last one though :)

excellent pics
I like the Harbour Master one with the reflections in the water :)

I like the last one with the 2 second exposure. Nice effect..:)

No's 3 + 4 for me, although they are all cracking there is something about those that just grabs my interest.

I love that 3rd one. Almost reminds me on one of Lowry's paintings although I can't remember if he ever did boats, just the feel of it :)

#1 and#3 plus the last 2 are the best, excellent stuff

Gotta disagree here. :shrug: #3 is awful and destroys what is otherwise a very pleasing, imaginative and hard-working set. Can only assume it is HDR gone wrong.

Well done on all your efforts and sorry if sounding harsh, but as is obvious from previous posts I am probably alone on #3 but I am certainly in agreement that all other shots are very worthy indeed. :clap:

Gotta disagree here. #3 is awful and destroys what is otherwise a very pleasing, imaginative and hard-working set. Can only assume it is HDR gone wrong.
Nope no HDR i think i over killed it in PS, I'm not sure on it myself, here's the original JPEG

harbour1.jpg

And no not harsh at all HIMUPNORTH good honest opinions is what i need.
I'm pretty new to PS and have a tendency to over process at times.

Once again thanks folks for your comments, much appreciated.
almost forgot if any one wants to have a play with the original harbour pic feel free I'm sure some of you PS gurus will come up with something.

i like that harbour shot very much, halfway between the 2 would suit it well imo. the last pic of the rocks and sea is great too :)

the harbour shot stood out for me too...looks like you enjoyed the time to yourself :)

Hi Stu :wave:

Glad you never took offence to my harsh criticism. Looking back at your photos I realise how much I like the set and this one just does not come up to the same standard. Did you shoot in RAW mode? Often detail can be rescued without introducing noise when you process the RAW file before you even start playing with it in PS.

Keep taking shots like these and you'll have few problems. (y)

Back