1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. davholla

davholla

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    All with 550D and Canon 60mm even though the last one went to explore, I wonder if f13.0 is the best aperture for this lens,
    anyone used this lens got any thoughts (I think the second one is better than the last one).
    A handheld stack of a few photos
    [​IMG]IMG_5363 Orange Footman by davholla2002, on Flickr
    One photo at f13.0
    [​IMG]Bumblebee IMG_5192 by davholla2002, on Flickr
    A handheld stack of a few photos
    [​IMG]Moth IMG_5350 by davholla2002, on Flickr
    One photo at f13.0 tricky subject as it was fast and it was on my arm
    [​IMG]Bug IMG_5100 by davholla2002, on Flickr
    One photo at f13.0

[​IMG]Bumblebee IMG_4985 by davholla2002, on Flickr

2. GardenersHelper

GardenersHelper

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think f/13 is working ok. Personally I prefer the look of them to the stacks (these, and previous ones).

I too prefer the second to the last. It stands out as my favourite of these.

Could the shadows be raised a bit (more) in the last one? (In Lightroom-speak it would be raise the shadows but then draw down the Blacks a bit to offset the flattening effect of the shadow-raising.)

I think closing the gap at the top of the histogram would give the last but one a lot more punch.

For the middle one, did it have double antennae, or is that an artefact of the stacking? (That one looks well over-exposed of course with the head and leading edges of the wings featureless white.)

3. davholla

davholla

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks you are proably right about the last one (easily done in darktable as well if you have the idea, I didn't, I will bear that in mind for future). I am surprised that it went to explore as the second one didn't but IMHO is much better.

You are right about the stack I missed the double antennae - I need a larger screen.

GardenersHelper likes this.