A few from the garden and near by (I really need to think of unique good titles)

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
All with 550D and Canon 60mm even though the last one went to explore, I wonder if f13.0 is the best aperture for this lens,
anyone used this lens got any thoughts (I think the second one is better than the last one).
A handheld stack of a few photos
IMG_5363 Orange Footman by davholla2002, on Flickr
One photo at f13.0
Bumblebee IMG_5192 by davholla2002, on Flickr
A handheld stack of a few photos
Moth IMG_5350 by davholla2002, on Flickr
One photo at f13.0 tricky subject as it was fast and it was on my arm
Bug IMG_5100 by davholla2002, on Flickr
One photo at f13.0

Bumblebee IMG_4985 by davholla2002, on Flickr

I think f/13 is working ok. Personally I prefer the look of them to the stacks (these, and previous ones).

I too prefer the second to the last. It stands out as my favourite of these.

Could the shadows be raised a bit (more) in the last one? (In Lightroom-speak it would be raise the shadows but then draw down the Blacks a bit to offset the flattening effect of the shadow-raising.)

I think closing the gap at the top of the histogram would give the last but one a lot more punch.

For the middle one, did it have double antennae, or is that an artefact of the stacking? (That one looks well over-exposed of course with the head and leading edges of the wings featureless white.)

I think f/13 is working ok. Personally I prefer the look of them to the stacks (these, and previous ones).

I too prefer the second to the last. It stands out as my favourite of these.

Could the shadows be raised a bit (more) in the last one? (In Lightroom-speak it would be raise the shadows but then draw down the Blacks a bit to offset the flattening effect of the shadow-raising.)

I think closing the gap at the top of the histogram would give the last but one a lot more punch.

For the middle one, did it have double antennae, or is that an artefact of the stacking? (That one looks well over-exposed of course with the head and leading edges of the wings featureless white.)
Thanks you are proably right about the last one (easily done in darktable as well if you have the idea, I didn't, I will bear that in mind for future). I am surprised that it went to explore as the second one didn't but IMHO is much better.

You are right about the stack I missed the double antennae - I need a larger screen.

Back