A few from the garden

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice set. I particularly like the flies in #3 and #6 - focus very nicely placed and plenty in focus.

I'm puzzled by the Exif data. It says that flash was off, but all of them have the same ISO and exposure, which hints at flash being used, as do the dark backgrounds for the flowers.

Assuming the Exif data is correct, it is interesting that you got so much in focus with f/6.7. Did you crop those two flies much?

Nice to see some plants too.

Nice set. I particularly like the flies in #3 and #6 - focus very nicely placed and plenty in focus.

I'm puzzled by the Exif data. It says that flash was off, but all of them have the same ISO and exposure, which hints at flash being used, as do the dark backgrounds for the flowers.

Assuming the Exif data is correct, it is interesting that you got so much in focus with f/6.7. Did you crop those two flies much?

Nice to see some plants too.

Cheers, exif is incorrect, don't know why it doesn't register the flash. Might be because I have an adapter between flash and body. The flies would have been fairly well cropped as the original homemade diffuser limited how close I could get and my magnification. So I reduced it's size to allow me to get closer. Last shot was with the reduced size diffuser.
F stop is also incorrect, f8 is what I shot these at I think. Camera reads the lens as an f 1.2 instead of f2.8. I have started using the aperture ring now as my ext tubes have a contact problem and sometimes switch to wide open.
:):)

Back