A Few From The Lake District

davekiddle

Like to feel muppets
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
A various few from a recent holiday to the Lake District.

4991308876_e82e3c5173_b.jpg

4991307958_4597dcbe91_b.jpg

4990699493_65b7b17c7d_b.jpg

4991302510_89603e90a6_b.jpg

4991307518_ffbae5ab86_b.jpg

4991306014_fc6f98ee89_b.jpg

Stunning work Dave. Love the conversion with the glowing cross.

Andy

I like them all, probably the best set I've seen so far...

Seems the lakes have been popular recently, these are very good. Is that a picture of brougham castle? Where were you for that shot - on the small bridge? I visited there just a few days ago and couldn't find anywhere to park my car so I couldn't get near it.

Can't say shot 6 does anything for me but the landscape version of No.1 is real awesome.

I like them all.. colors, contrast, strong and crisp sharpness... the shadows... I can never achieve it with my gear though.. the siggy I have is always soft.... saying that could be my camera.

Beautiful set of photos, perfect in every way to me.

Stunning work Dave. Love the conversion with the glowing cross.

Andy

I like them all, probably the best set I've seen so far...

Cracking set indeed (y)

They're all great but number 1 really stands out as stunning.

Can't say shot 6 does anything for me but the landscape version of No.1 is real awesome.

I like them all.. colors, contrast, strong and crisp sharpness... the shadows... I can never achieve it with my gear though.. the siggy I have is always soft.... saying that could be my camera.

That 2nd shot is simply stunning.

Beautiful set of photos, perfect in every way to me.

Thanks very much all for the kind comments (y)(y):)

Seems the lakes have been popular recently, these are very good. Is that a picture of brougham castle? Where were you for that shot - on the small bridge? I visited there just a few days ago and couldn't find anywhere to park my car so I couldn't get near it.
Thanks Colin. Yes it is Brougham Castle taken from the small bridge. I got there very early on my way back from shooting the sunrise shots at Ullswater :) I've also got some of the castle in the mist showing the bridge in the foreground taken from the A66 road bridge. I'll post these later.

Some corkers there Dave, nice one. That new camera is doing the trick. Just goes to show, it's the camera that takes a good photo, not the person! :)

Some corkers there Dave, nice one. That new camera is doing the trick. Just goes to show, it's the camera that takes a good photo, not the person! :)

Exactly! That's what I've being saying about you since you got the D1 3mk thing! :razz: :LOL:

How's the gob mush? :)

Last edited:
I haven't been posting here that long (lurked for a while) but I can't remember ever seeing a duff shot from you. I just really enjoy looking at your work :clap:

Great set mate
Really like the light in #6 though.

I haven't been posting here that long (lurked for a while) but I can't remember ever seeing a duff shot from you. I just really enjoy looking at your work :clap:
Thanks very much for those very kind words Mark, but believe you me, there's plenty of duffers on my PC! :LOL:

Great set mate
Really like the light in #6 though.
Thanks very much Paulie, me too :)

Great work, I've enjoyed looking at them all but #2 stands out for me. :)

Great set. Personally I prefer the portrait crop of number 1. All that sky seems to emphasise the tranquility for me.:clap:
Bit of a downer though, I live about an hour from the Lakes, and have been there regularly for the last thirty years, why is it allways raining when I'm there?:(

Excellent photography.

Can I ask, did you use filters for these shots at all. I've never used a filter before but might just purchase some if that's the results of using them?

I've just came back from there, ahhh the memories.... all nice but am drawn to 6.

Great work, I've enjoyed looking at them all but #2 stands out for me. :)
Thanks Paul

Great set. Personally I prefer the portrait crop of number 1. All that sky seems to emphasise the tranquility for me.:clap:
Bit of a downer though, I live about an hour from the Lakes, and have been there regularly for the last thirty years, why is it allways raining when I'm there?:(
Typical that Keith. Mind you, this was my second attempt during the week I was up there. The firs time it absolutely chucked it down even though it was a clear morning where I was staying 10 miles away!

great set dave..but number 1 is the stand out shot of the set..just gotta decide if i prefer the portrait or landscape version..mmmmmmm,can't decide :D
Cheers Stan, I like them both :)

Hmm, I'd like to sat that wasn't true, but.....:(

The gob is bloomin painfull. Mouth full of stitches and a broken jaw :)
Sorry to hear that mate. You missed a great trip to Devon ;)

great work there fella!
Cheers Nick :)

Excellent photography.

Can I ask, did you use filters for these shots at all. I've never used a filter before but might just purchase some if that's the results of using them?
Yes Dave, I used a Lee 2 stop ND Grad, and a 10 stopper to get the water smooth.

great shots - I really like no 3 :)
Thanks Maria

I've just came back from there, ahhh the memories.... all nice but am drawn to 6.
Lovely place isn't it? I could easily do a week there just doing photography!

Lovely set #1 is so calming and serene.
Thanks Graham

all are brilliant but like it has been said, number one is spectacular!
Cheers mate

Hmm, I'd like to sat that wasn't true, but.....:(

The gob is bloomin painfull. Mouth full of stitches and a broken jaw :)

He would have just had the stitches but he happened to try and get up again :D:thinking:

Stunning set - only live a few miles from all these locations (and walk past Brougham Castle most days) and its as good a set of this area as I've seen. I'd struggle to pick out a favourite as I'd feel like I was slighting one of the others.

I always seem to have a different taste to everyone else so would like to big up No 5 a little! :) I love the light, tones and the geometry of the lines.

But No 1 is great too! (y)

Back