A few from the Lake District

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Went up to the Lake District just over a week ago for the weekend. Autumn hasn't quite set in yet which is what I was after but got these nonetheless...

1. Burns Inversion
4187c2c4f5f65a4967da8d3e2098118e

2. Derwent Isle
7618b6c860ed02d6b8f3b0ef137324dc

3. Morning Barn
719d86ec75c6d1bce041d204eba1e244

4. Blea Tarn Tree
29e69ccbafd81c625cfb61ae57b00e04

I'll be back soon I think, don't want to miss the peak of the Autumn colours!

Dan

Really nice set. They more or less run in order of my preference. That first one is really special.

Very nice mate. Think another week and it'll be in full autumnal mode.

Hoping to get back up there myself although finding time is becoming an issue!!!!

A very nice set mate (y) The inversion is good but the pick for me is the tree at Blea Tarn, stunning detail and lovey colours (y).....:thinking:.....is it cropped Dan? would be nice to see the top of the fell below the tree in the reflection :)

Thanks everyone, some great comments there :)

@Phil-D yes it is a crop, I know what you're saying and I did try it but I wanted to focus purely on the tree and its reflection - something a bit different from Blea Tarn I thought!

Going to try and get back up there soon, don't want to miss the colours. I didn't get to some locations on this visit either and some I did get to I had poor light - good reasons to go again :)

Dan

Lovely set Dan. No.1 is terrific and no.3 just sums up in one picture why the Lake District is one of my favourite places.

Nice one, Dan, liking the cloud inversion (don't tell @blondie606 :)) and nice light there.

Interesting composition for Blea Tarn.

We need to get back there next year (a few times :)).

Cheers.

Thanks @alan72, it's a great area for photography and I'd highly recommend it!

Cheers @posiview. I'm thinking about going again on 29/30th if the weather looks good at the time. Hopefully the colours will be showing nicely by then too.

Lovely set, love the morning mist and the autumn colours

Yeah, this is some good work here! The first shot has lovely conditions, and the second is particularly nice light! These are the stand out shots for me from this set. A worthwhile trip I'd say!

Great pictures

It's a brilliant place for photography

Same place, different season = totally different result.

Nice shots there

All good there Dan. We're spoilt when we go there aren't we? Nice how you have also taken different shots from the norm especially love the mist in the first.

3rd and 4th are the best. Love 3rd, wouldn't change a thing. The second the shadows are slightly too bright and too saturated for me but still a nice shot.

Thanks for the comments again!

I know what you mean Craig, the shadows on the island have been lifted perhaps a touch too much.

Back