A few from the lakes

Name
Paul Lake
Edit My Images
Yes
Took these shots when spending a couple of days in the lake district. They were taken on a good Vivitar compact which I have since changed for a finepix s5700

star006.jpg

star010-1.jpg

star017.jpg

star003-1.jpg

star004.jpg

star005.jpg

star022.jpg

Be gentle guy's this is my first post (y)

third would be my favourite, nice composition and lead in with the stream. Quite like 1 & 2 as well, 4 looks a bit dark in the foreground (neutral grad filter would have helped). 5 & 6 look like the same shot with different processing? 6 for me is needing a slightly lower viewpoint to take advantage of the lead in from the stream up the hill.

On the processing, is anyone else seeing these with a blue tinge??

Where abouts in the lakes - im there next week??

i like the colours of the stones in the last one and 2, 3 &4 are really nice

I hope you don't mind me saying, but you can tell they are from a point and shoot, and most of them are overexposed quite a lot, the sky is pure white, i can also see the blue tinge that dod mentions.

On the plus side though, composition on them is good, nice foreground detail and lead in lines, taken at the correct exposures and processed these would look great.

They were taken around Buttermear and Low Lorton. My first time there but I'll be back, its a beautifull area.

Nice shots, I like 1 2 and 3 and the composition of the last one appeals!

First few are Blea Tarn I think (I stand to be corrected!)

I was corrected :D!

Yes.. you CAN tell they were taken on a point and shoot..........but the composition is great on many of them... so we look forward to seeing some great stuff now you have your Fuji! (y)

:agree:

Compositionaly they are fine, but the quality of the images the camera produced is letting you down.

There is only one lake in the lake district and is only fairly recently that it became one.

I have special prize for the first postee with the correct answer.

(The prize is 'tog' related, its something I bought and never used and it is just cluttering things up)

No. 3 for me, the others either only have light on half the shot or have been taken into the sun. Number 3 is lovely for both composition and light.

There is only one lake in the lake district and is only fairly recently that it became one.
My answer, Bassenthwaite Lake. I await your judgment. Regards Jim

My answer, Bassenthwaite Lake. I await your judgment. Regards Jim

Aye, that sounds about right, the rest are either meres, water or tarns.

I have special prize for the first postee with the correct answer.

(The prize is 'tog' related, its something I bought and never used and it is just cluttering things up)

I would say Windermere

As far as the shots go I think you are heading in the right direction, just play with your camera a bit more and take it off the automatic setting and see what it can do....Ian

Bassentwaite it is. Crazy English language.

Well done to Kentman for the first correct answer.

If you PM me your address I will send you the goodies.

They may be useful they may not.

Thanks for playing.

I dont know much about photography but I know when I see something that I like; which is why I took the shots I took.
Thanks for your all feedback both positive and negative (y).

Back