A few from the Peak District

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Took the Mrs to the peak District at the start of the year for our anniversary. Weather, as we expected wasn't great. Our fault for marrying in Feb lol

The Peak is a Lovely place, not done it justice with my picture taking abiliities lol. Here are a few. Which one do you like, if any? :(

Post Processing from my memory: Split Toning, Clarity adjustments, dodging and burning in LR.

Pavillion Gardens, Buxton by Sonny184, on Flickr

Curbar Edge 1 by Sonny184, on Flickr

Curbar Edge 2 by Sonny184, on Flickr

Thank you

Last edited:
wow, 2nd and 3rd are incredible :)

Been meaning to go to the peak district for a while now

Thanks all. It's so refreshing to get other photographers' views.

I kept the other 2 ducks (on the right hand side) in the first pic. It's like one of them is looking out to sea to find it's soul mate. Then the one near it on the land, is looking on the land for it's soul mate. He's having no luck either.

Now, the 2 on the rails/bridge are soul mates, but they're in an argument and not talking to each other. At this moment in time, they want what the other 2 have (independence) and the other 2 want what they have (companionship).

...Ok it's getting late and I might be going a bit :wacky:

So no one likes the pic of me. :( Is it cos it is crap, or is it because the forground is ugly?

I like the third one, interesting colours and I feel the rock edge in the foreground adds to the shot, in the second one I feel the person and the rock edge seems a little disconnected with the rest of the picture.

Best wishes, Mark

WOW @ number 3, Peak District isn't far from me, got to get there sometime.

I'm not sure about the sepia filter on the third one but I do love the layers of composition.

Cheers all. The Peak District makes it easy for even noobs like me to get a decent shot.
I'm no expert on the area, but anyone need any info where to stay, eat etc. I will do my best to help.

Hello Sonny, 2 and 3 looks like a great location for a sunrise/sunset capture, the sky looks a little blown out to me, it looks like you had a fair old climb to the location? did you stick around for a sunset if there was one of course?

Hi Kev. Nope, no sun at all lol. Overcast and temperatures must have been around 0-2 degrees during the time we were there in feb. In one of the pictures, I think I increased the exposure of the highlights a bit - prob number 2, but I don't think any of the pics had their highlights blown cos i usually check lightroom's highlight/shadow checking option to see if they are blown.

We just walked for 30 mins to be honest. You drive into tiny place called curbar, and then park up. Walk to the edge and that's it. Other edges are much more dramatic - or so i am told. Like Stanage Edge and Castleton, Mam Tor etc.

Back