A few from the scrapyard

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
I was down the scrapyard a couple of weeks ago looking for a shot to enter Novembers POTY, the best three of the day are below. I'd like to know what to improve, so C&C most welcome. Cheers.

It's a real shame to see that Lightweight in the scrap yard I know plenty of people that would buy that for restoration :shake:

I would like to see a single object picked out to be the point of focus with a but emphasis placed on that :thinking: as it is other than the old land rover there is no real point of focus on the other two :thinking:

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for your comments Matt. The first two I was going for colour/shape/texture rather than a specific focal point, but thanks for the feedback. As for the Lightweight, it's in the scrappy so it could be your very own restoration project for a fair price ;)

It's a real shame to see that Lightweight in the scrap yard I know plenty of people that would buy that for restoration :shake:

Matt
MWHCVT

Surely not? :LOL:

I've been intending to get down to a scrap yard at some point. Great opportunity for shapes and texture as you say. Pity you don't get much rusty stuff these days. It all gets 'tidied up' before then.

Like Matt, the first two didn't really do it for me. My eye was just wandering around without fixing on any particular focal point. I get the idea though. Just needs something focal. Maybe running a much wider aperture to put the front and rear well out of focus?

Edit:
Just had another thought (doesn't happen too often!).... how about concentrating on one row of doors up the centre of the image?

Last edited:
3 is the best imo, although I do like number 2. Would be good to see a bit more OOF in the shot, but I still like it as it is. Good effort! :)

Back