A few from this morning!

Cant deceide between 2 and 3, all really nice shots but i think 2 is my fave. . . . . . i think !

Hi swb landy thanks for your feedback it was such a beautiful morning. These are all taken about 4 miles from my home and when I look at them I think how lucky am I to live in such a place.

Carol

Richard and Hotshots thank you very much for your feedback.

Gorgeous set! would say no 3 as my fav but it is a pretty close call on all 3.

Hi Nick thanks you, think I might try printing them off and see what they look like on paper.

Carol

Thank you Rich.

Number 2 is my fav of the set, very nice and love how the warmth is showing on the road/path.

Thanks to everyone who has made comments they have made it worthwhile getting up at 4.30 in the morning so I could make the most of the sunrise. It is by far my most favourite part of the day especially when they are like this.

Carol

Beuatiful shots. You've really captured the escence of the place.

Off topic - I'm in Inverness now, enjoying the sunshine. Had a stroll down to Loch Ericht earlier today. Blue sky and snow on Ben Alder - perfect.

Hi Carol,

Love all three images, superb set ok, superb composition. Which lens was used for these can I ask?

(pete)

Hi Pete,

Thanks I used my kit lens for all three Canon 18-55 mm IS mkII.

Numbers one and two are both single shots pp'ed (not too much) using Paint Shop Pro x5.

Shot three is three photographs stitched together using Microsoft ICE pp'ed using Ps Pro again not too much and then cropped to what I thought made the best of the photograph.

Used a graduated grey filter to help keep the colour in the sky but allow the fore ground some more light. Just getting to grips with filters so glad it seemed to worked on this occasion.

Oh and a tripod.

Carol

Last edited:
Beuatiful shots. You've really captured the escence of the place.

Off topic - I'm in Inverness now, enjoying the sunshine. Had a stroll down to Loch Ericht earlier today. Blue sky and snow on Ben Alder - perfect.

Hi Dinners,

Thanks, it really is a beautiful place and sometimes I forget it as I take it for granted. It's only when you see it as a photographer that you actually see it through different eyes.

Glad your enjoying your time at Ben Alder been there a couple of times but never with the camera!

Carol

Love the second one, beautiful shot. The track makes a lovely lead in line and the light is gorgeous. Well done on the early rise.

Last edited:
Glad your enjoying your time at Ben Alder been there a couple of times but never with the camera!

Carol

I was 'suited and booted' and on my way up to work in Inverness so only had a quick wander down to the loch for some vey quick snaps.

Super set of images, particularly hard to choose a favourite between the 1st & 3rtd

Thanks Peter.

Thanks Delta Skies.

I think all 3 are very good, but for me #2 is the winner. I love the warmth in that picture and the tree silhouettes with the lane. Really nice.

Great set Carol you will be keeping these three I guess

No3 has to be my fave lovely early morning scene and composition with the sun rays catching the mist just makes it a winner for me.
Well worth the early start well done.

Nice work on them all but it has to be 3 for me.

The reflections in the water are just fantastic,but that mist on the water in 3 just steals the show!:clap:

My mother in law is from your neck of the woods and her sister still lives there!

Must make the effort to visit!:thinking:

Andrew, John, Derek, Alf, Roger and Simon thanks for your comments guys 3 seems to be the favourite.

Carol

Excellent set - they just got better as I went through them ! No3 my fave :)

The reflections in the water are just fantastic,but that mist on the water in 3 just steals the show!:clap:

My mother in law is from your neck of the woods and her sister still lives there!

Must make the effort to visit!:thinking:

You should Simon it is beautiful and plenty to photograph.

Where is your mother in law from?

Carol

No 3 is by far the best. Composition is spot on, and I do love that mist on the lake.

Processing leaves a little room for further improvement though. You have to notice bright haloing around the trees on the left. Was this a HDR? And to be fair it looks a little dark, particularly the sky. Hopefully you can sort that out easily

No 3 is by far the best. Composition is spot on, and I do love that mist on the lake.

Processing leaves a little room for further improvement though. You have to notice bright haloing around the trees on the left. Was this a HDR? And to be fair it looks a little dark, particularly the sky. Hopefully you can sort that out easily

Hi daugirdas,

Thanks for your cc this is not an HDR photograph nor did it go through any HDR software, I am afraid the haloing must just the sun, it really was very bright. I used a grey graduated filter to try and hold the the sun coming through the trees without blowing it. I can brighten the sky up without too much of a problem. This photograph is made up of three stitched together using Microsoft ICE, pp'ed then cropped. In all fairness I did not use the raw files so perhaps the haloing is from something the camera has done when it processed the jpeg image. Will go and look at the raw files and see if it is on those ones too.(y)

Carol

No more than 40 miles from me then Avoch is on the Black Isle where as I am 26 miles south of Inverness.

Carol

Back