A few from today....

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a quick review of the shots I took at "Eagle Heights today. I'll probably find some I like more after a better look through them, but here are 4 that I have picked out.

All are as they come out of the camera except #2, which has just been cropped a bit. All shot at 200 ISO on my 350D and the 70-300 IS lens.

#1 Bald Eagle 1

IMG_9138_a.jpg

#2 Bald Eagle II
(I know it's not that sharp, but getting it in flight with the bright sun today I found a problem...)

IMG_9145_a.jpg

#3 Barn Owl
(A little blown out unfortunately)

IMG_9162_a.jpg

#4 The Otter
They have a pair of Otters which you can get fairly close to

IMG_9340_a.jpg

I've tried to work on my sharpness, setting the single focal point and, where possible aiming at the eyes. I'm still not satisfied but pleased with my improvements...

All C&C welcome,

Thanks for looking

Some lovely shots, aren't Barn Owls photogenic. :)

Brilliant photos..... gosh ... you lot make it sounds so easy. Yes.. jealousy is setting in big time lol. xxx

I'm finding that you have to make your own luck. I get nothing but pigeons and starlings in my garden, apart from the odd robin and chaffinch. To get photos you have to go where the wildlife is, it won't come to you (unless you have the right environment).

Bird of Prey sanctuaries allow you to get close to larger birds, giving you the chance to practice technique and (hopefully) build some confidence.

Some of the shots I see in this section amaze me, but I'm hoping that with practice and a bit of luck I can raise my standard. It's like most things, the more you put in, the more you get out.

Some nice shots you have here. I like the barn owl, can you do anyting in PS or whatever you use to tone it down a bit.

Some nice shots you have here. I like the barn owl, can you do anyting in PS or whatever you use to tone it down a bit.

I'm not that proficient with either PS or LightRoom (I have both) but will have a play.

I quite like this one of a "water monitor" but it's still not sharp enough...

IMG_9260_a.jpg

The Bald Eagle is free to fly for most of the day and "owns" a rather large territory around the site. When we got there yesterday he was a few hundred feet up rising on some thermals and looked absolutely stunning...

Back