Yes
Heron3.jpg

Heron2.jpg

Heron1.jpg

Moorhens1.jpg

MoorHen2.jpg

BabyMoorHen2.jpg

Last edited:
What processing have you done to the heron?

Sorry should have said, love the waterhens fighting..........(y)

Last edited:
I think the autolevels has slightly overdone it mate.

Hope you don`t mind, I will remove it if you want,, but purely as a reference, this was taken on Monday, no post processing other than convert from Raw to Jpeg,resize and sharpen.

Forexample.jpg

Last edited:
I think the autolevels has slightly overdone it mate.

Hope you don`t mind, I will remove it if you want,, but purely as a reference, this was taken on Monday, no post processing other than convert from Raw to Jpeg,resize and sharpen.

Forexample.jpg

Not at all, thats why I am posting, so as to learn. Mind you looking at your offering, might just put my camera in the bin:D:D . Only useing jpeg at the moment.

No, no, no....don`t do that........:bonk:

I was as close to that heron as I have ever been to one, I was just lucky and had some camo gear on.

The edit still seems a tad dark, have you got the camera set to do any processing?

The edited one does look far better though..........(y)

No, no, no....don`t do that........:bonk:

I was as close to that heron as I have ever been to one, I was just lucky and had some camo gear on.

The edit still seems a tad dark, have you got the camera set to do any processing?

The edited one does look far better though..........(y)

Camera processing:thinking: now I am lost. But the heron was under an arch, and it was dull weather, and to get a picture on the camera display, I had to put the iso at 1600. also due to haveing very bad hand shake (as a result of a stroke a year or so ago) I normaly have shutter speed set at 1/1250. White balance was set to cloudy.

Last edited:
I don`t know what camera you use , nor where in the country you are. But try shooting RAW,if you can, leave the white balance on auto and adjust it later. High shutter speed is generally vital for wildlife stuff.

Keep practising and you`ll get loads of help on here............(y)

Back