A few from Tyninghame Beach, East Lothian

EdinburghGary

Reply not Report
Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Honest C&C is most welcome :), if they are crap, tell me how to improve.

2619714574_3b3c931e83_o.jpg

2618904567_a8cb777b98_o.jpg

3 (anyone else like Treetops? :) I know, crap shot - dunno why I like it, maybe its the colours.)
2619473250_2581668b17_o.jpg

Thats all! I took ALL MY KIT in a massive bag, and walked 3 miles - it seriously affected my ability to get into things lugging it all around, next time I will leave the bag and just take the body and a lens, mabye 2 MAX.

Gary.

Number 1 for me, the patterns in the sand seem to draw your eye up into the shot. (y)

Is the horizon slightly off though or have I just had too much Hoegaarden this evening?

Number 1 for me, the patterns in the sand seem to draw your eye up into the shot. (y)

Is the horizon slightly off though or have I just had too much Hoegaarden this evening?

Maybe a bit of both, tried to correct it, but I use Adobe Fireworks, and I cant turn of "snapping". so it might be a pixelish or two off...

G.

Perhaps I straightened it against the sand and not the sea...:thinking: :)

Edit:

Yup!!!!! arse!!

Last edited:
I really like number 1. Good stuff

Well thanks for the comments, appreciated :D I will tell you what I don't like about them.

1:
Not sure the wind angle was the right choice of lens. It has givemn the extreme field of view, and whilst it has captured the main focal point the water pool, everything else is just soooooo far away. So, I like the shot the most, but I wonder if a better lens and alaso standing further back would have helped? I am also a little bit put off by the sky colour bending from the white to the blue, left to right. The sun was behind my left shoulder.

2:
I was actually attempting to take a pic of the rock feature. Claire threw Basil's ball just at the right moment, so it was down to luck. Still, I would like to have been closer to Basil (had I known!) and maybe have the speeration between him and background a bit better. At the moment he is too small in the grand scheme of things and is almost lost in the very close background.

3:
Well, wierdly, it's the one I perhaps like most. Don't know why, I like greens, I like blue skies, I like big trees. Perhaps its the fact that when I arrived at this beach (for the first time ever), these lovely trees jumped out and whilst I have not captured the place the way I would have liked, this last shot represents the feeling I got when I first arrived? It reminded me of the TV program "Lost", it was such a lovely place.

Gary.
PS- Why the hell do I talk so much. :bang: :LOL:

I absolutely love the first one! But the horizon is ever-so-slightly out, but other than that it's just gorgeous!

Gary, I always find your shots to be of high standard AND, having read another thread re weddings and what you've just said about you own photo's here your thinking seems to be of that same standard. I find myself thinking "what an interesting bloke" (no, I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)). These photo's are fabulous fella. #1 is superb, it got amazing clarity and I find it to be very well shot. #2 is excellent too, love the dog. #3 is good but not my thing.

Cheers.....Mick.

Gary, I always find your shots to be of high standard AND, having read another thread re weddings and what you've just said about you own photo's here your thinking seems to be of that same standard. I find myself thinking "what an interesting bloke" (no, I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)). These photo's are fabulous fella. #1 is superb, it got amazing clarity and I find it to be very well shot. #2 is excellent too, love the dog. #3 is good but not my thing.

Cheers.....Mick.

Aww thanks :) If you fancy a real look in my screwed up head, read all about it here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=66276 - catch up links in the first post on that thread!!!

Gary.

Whoa, there's a lot to check out here Gary. I'll check it out. This 365 thing seems to be everywhere. Might try it myself.

Mick.

Against the others in the thread... I have to say that number 2 is my favourite.
First one is a good shot, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't stand out.
The second is with the dog gives it that little extra to make it different from the 'rest'. So I will say that the second is the one I would 'choose'.
Third one just isn't 'my type' - can't find anything wrong with it either.. just isn't for me *smiles*
All in all isn't it quite good to come away from a walk with three good shots!!

Oh, and about lugging all the gear... I know what that feels. Just been spending a week in the Norwegian mountains, lugging the gear around.

Against the others in the thread... I have to say that number 2 is my favourite.
First one is a good shot, don't get me wrong, but it just doesn't stand out.
The second is with the dog gives it that little extra to make it different from the 'rest'. So I will say that the second is the one I would 'choose'.
Third one just isn't 'my type' - can't find anything wrong with it either.. just isn't for me *smiles*
All in all isn't it quite good to come away from a walk with three good shots!!

Oh, and about lugging all the gear... I know what that feels. Just been spending a week in the Norwegian mountains, lugging the gear around.

Thanks for the comments, I would be happy with 1 good shot per outing. Its when you get none - that sucks!

Gary.

They're ALL crap Gary - you can improve by giving up altogether, and give the rest of us half-a-chance to get some good pics up here;)

They're ALL crap Gary - you can improve by giving up altogether, and give the rest of us half-a-chance to get some good pics up here;)

Yo are too kind. I shot at least 50 pics, and got 3. And only 1 of them, really worth posting! Not a great ratio! :)

Gary.

Back