A few from Waddington today - Arrivals

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
Yes
Went up to watch the arrivals today and take a few shots, I've not really photographed aircraft before so thought I'd have a go. I was experimenting most of the time hoping for low flyby's so i could use a slow shutter speed and pan them. But i struggled lol!

Anyway, heres a few which survived the deleting spree I went on!

Criticism and advice welcome! :)

5890916361_d6b251ab69_z.jpg

5891482184_381f19466d_z.jpg

5890911383_85d585307c_z.jpg

5890910051_baacc6f590_z.jpg

5891473128_8b4979b1ae_z.jpg

5890905871_ff80c46c6e_z.jpg

Im there tmmrw, out of interest what length lens did you use? Good shots as well:)

Im there tmmrw, out of interest what length lens did you use? Good shots as well:)

Don't use todays focal lengths as a guide. ;) Tomorrow will be a completely different ball game, due to the safety distance for airshows.
I use a 300mm usually on show day and the 70-200mm and less for the statics!
Have a great day. I'll be there somewhere. (y)

Kev.

A nice set of shots. It's always difficult shooting from there (I was near your position.Stood on a Range Rover tailgate)
The sun is harsh until later in the day and if a cloud covers it, it's very dark! It was a tad warm today. :D
The only thing that I would add, is that you could do with making sure the aircraft have space to fly into. Not lots behind them.

Kev.

Last edited:
You'll see me then, only one with a baby at an airshow lol.

A nice set of shots. It's always difficult shooting from there (I was near your position.Stood on a Range Rover tailgate)
The sun is harsh until later in the day and if a cloud covers it, it's very dark! It was a tad warm today. :D
The only thing that I would add, is that you could do with making sure the aircraft have space to fly into. Not lots behind them.

Kev.

Yeah it was super warm! I got very burnt! I spent most the day stood on top of my BMW estate (red) lol. Not a bad vantage point! Thanks for the advice

Back