A few from yesterdays practice round at the Malaysian Grand Prix

Hi Neil,
appreciate you sharing these.
I do think the crops are too tight and actually they don't convey a sense of speed which F1 is arguably all about.
Did you have a chance to get into the pits, looking at your website briefly you seem to do an excellent job photographing
people, would have been interesting to see some candids from around the pits/paddock!
Sorry to sound negative, I appreciate static shots of cars but if they are racing or at speed this needs to be conveyed.

regards
Tony

Tony
These are taken right out of the camera they were taken with a 300mm f2.8 lens so no cropping as such involved...........I had a chance to go to the pits but it was way to hot and I have been there and done that before so spent most of the time in the tented village catching air con

I should have said the compositions were too tight and not crops, I didn't actually mean crops!
I'm guessing then it was too hot to also carry a second body with perhaps a 70-200 2.8 zoom, lol.
Seriously, I know where you are coming from, trying to operate in such conditions really isn't easy.
Hope you have a great weekend and can manage to stay slightly chilled.
Much wonderful work on your website, have bookmarked it and will go back and have a more leisurely
look.

Thanks for the response, it's appreciated!

cheers
Tony

Last edited:
Back