A few from Yorkshire and the Peak District

Name
Glenn McKinnon
Edit My Images
Yes
I spent the weekend in Yorkshire at the TP Convention. Well, I spent Saturday at the convention, Sunday and Monday I went exploring in Yorkshire and the Peak District. Many thanks to Yvonne for all the hard work involved in setting up, what was a great day, and it was really nice to meet whoever I met :thinking: (memory span of a goldfish). I particulary enjoyed the talk by Eddie from Lee Filters, very informative. If you were there on Sunday only, then I will meet you at the next one.

Here are a few shots I took while exploring.

1 - Whitby Abbey

3986837241_9b7a4b6217_o.jpg

2 - Roulston Scar from Sutton Bank

3987592168_8954f8b320_o.jpg

3 - Misty morning over Bamford

3987592988_10f4169b79_o.jpg

4 - Ladybower Reservoir

3987593230_d6fe34fa29_o.jpg

5 - Ladybower Reservoir reflections

3986840081_8eb5fa8b03_o.jpg

As always C&C welcomed.

Last edited:
I really like the refections in no.5

Thanks

Nice photos although the thread title is misleading a little, the last three are in Derbyshire and not Yorkshire - still good though....

Good point - the thread title is now sorted :nuts:

I like #5, but it could a teensy selective desaturation on that really green grass.

#1 is a decent composition, but the blue - especially in the water - is way overcooked. Looks very unnatural.

It looks like you've HDR'd these a little, but they don't need it. #3 would have been stunning without the bush on the left and #4 is potentially lovely, but it looks like it needs a clean up. :)

Love them all but No 5 is my favourite too, the colours really are that vivid there at the moment.
I think I'm right in saying that the flooded remains of Derwent village are under where the reflections are in your picture.

Back