A few macro's (comments and critiques welcome)

Edit My Images
Yes
(And this time - it's proper macro stuff!)

First attempt with the DCR250 my parents bought me for my birthday - these were taken with a 50D, f4L 70-200 and the DCR250 - gladly welcome advice and critque on these because I'm still learning....

1) Some sort of bee!

2) Some sort of butterfly!

3) Some sort of flower!

4) Some sort of bee!

I love the fourth one - I dunno why, but love the way it came out and it's now set as my wallpaper. None of these have had any post processing at all....

Comments and Critiques welcome - this is my first day with the DCR250 and my second attempt at macro photography - and I'd love to know what I can do to make it better!

3 & 4 are underexposed and 1 is OOF.

Macro takes a lot of practice and when I first got my Canon 100mm Macro it took me quite a time to get used to it.

Now I nearly always use a tripod when using it.

I need to sort out a tripod - I lost my second tripod moving up to Leeds, so this was done handheld (not good, I know!) I figured 3&4 were underexposed, but I like the way 4 came out, even underexposed. I'll try and bump them a notch or two in Bibble and see if that helps...

Thanks for the comments though :)

Did a bit more playing around with #4 to try and bump the colours and correct for the underexposure, but now I think I've pushed it a lil' too far - not sure though. I think I prefer the original, more subdued version...

The raynox takes a bit of practise ;).

The first is a drone fly, a hoverfly, Eristalis sp.

Back