A few more for CC!

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Just sorting through some pics and folders.....Came across a few Wildlife pics from Road trips!
CC would be great?

DSC00415 (3).jpg

Hi Joe, Welcome to TP 1st of all.
1st shot is a bit soft to my eyes but it would have been better if you didnt have the other Rams horns in shot but in the real world its not always possible.
2nd shot is a lovely shot and a classic but I would be inclined to crop the horizon out and maybe straighten it up or at least have a play about to see what would work best.

Hi Graham....Agree with the first one, but they were in a large group and just couldn't get one on its own!
Will have a play with the second one and see what I can do.
Thanks for advice.

Joe

Hi Joe, welcome, always good to get more people posting and wanting crit around here!

I agree with Grahams points above - if you look at the fur towards the bottom right of the frame it looks sharper than the area around the eye, so it looks like the focus point missed the target. For a shot like this I'd always recommend using a single AF point and trying to hit the eye. Its difficult to add too much without knowing some of your settings but maybe a faster shutter speed would have helped here (assuming the AF hit the right area!)

On the second, just the horizon needs tweaking - pretty much any software should be capable of rotating things slightly and the shot will look much better. It is a nice shot with all the water coming off the fluke and well worth a couple of moments sat at the computer

Keep them coming

Mike

I had a go and it looks loads better now.
DSC00415 (2).jpg

Back