Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Nikon FE, 19-35mm, Ilford XP2
CNV00040.JPG

CNV00008.JPG

CNV00041.JPG

I really like these, though it's a shame about the blown skies in the last two :shrug: I like just how busy the first one is, you get a real sense of the dynamic nature of the scene, even it I wonder why vehicles were travelling down the road with a sign up saying it is closed :LOL:

Matt
MWHCVT

Three is definitely my favourite, I think the blown highlights work well in it as well, they give it a real feel of sheltering in the shade. I like how much there is to look at in one, the more time you spend on it the more things you notice.

Two dosen't seem to have a focal point, I'm not really sure to look at. Personally I'd have moved around the pillar on the left to get more of the next one along with the face on it, or turned more to the right and got more of that long wall. Definitely the weakest of the three imo.

Three is definitely my favourite, I think the blown highlights work well in it as well, they give it a real feel of sheltering in the shade. I like how much there is to look at in one, the more time you spend on it the more things you notice.

Two dosen't seem to have a focal point, I'm not really sure to look at. Personally I'd have moved around the pillar on the left to get more of the next one along with the face on it, or turned more to the right and got more of that long wall. Definitely the weakest of the three imo.

CNV00010.JPG

Does the reverse view work any better?

Also a simple landscape from the same set:

CNV00045.JPG

Last edited:
For me yes. Just adding the people in gives you something to focus on straight away, but also seems better balanced compositionally, with the diagonals leading in from either side. I also rather like that corrugated/vented part of the left hand wall. Lots to look at.

I see what you mean about the puddle under that face graffiti, I didn't notice it first time around. Looks like you could get a really nice mirror image there, perhaps worth a revist?

Back