A few more from Iceland

Superb! That first picture. Was it as mental as it looks? Rather chilli I imagine!

Really lovely set and many more on your flickr

You sure do go to some wonderful locations

H

Last edited:
Such a great set of images..... 1, 3 and 5 are especially good.

Some beautiful pics there, Mark.
1st one is awesome
3rd needs a bit of horizon levelling, it slopes to the left, but none the less is a well composed shot IMHO. Lots of interest without any one detail overpowering the others.
Thanks.

Thank you all for your comments. Skogafoss is a humbling place.

Kendo. You are spot on about the horizon. It was 0.3 degrees out. I can't believe I missed that. My pet hate is wonky horizons. Rather p'ed off with myself about that. Thanks for pointing it out.

The 1st photograph is just epic. Everything about it is absolutely on the money.

Wow.....what a great collection of shots! (y) I love the scale of #1 but I think #2 is my favourite.....:)

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Steve.... Do it. You won't be disappointed.

Richard.... Have you been before in winter and are you going south or north? Only asking as the roads can be pretty bad in winter, especially in the north. I will also be there in February and have a 4x4 with snow tyres. I will also be back there in May/June. This time I will go to the much less photographed east and north east. I spent some time there this year scouting for locations but the weather was awful.

Great set. I thought I liked the vividness of the colours of the church shot until I saw the subtley and simplicity of the next shot of the edge of the glacier. Just lovely.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Steve.... Do it. You won't be disappointed.

Richard.... Have you been before in winter and are you going south or north? Only asking as the roads can be pretty bad in winter, especially in the north. I will also be there in February and have a 4x4 with snow tyres. I will also be back there in May/June. This time I will go to the much less photographed east and north east. I spent some time there this year scouting for locations but the weather was awful.

Hi, Not been but have friends that run photography trips there frequently so have been given advice. We have hired 2 4x4's and we are staying in the south, just outside Vic and will concentrate in that area maybe going up as far as Jorkusarlon.

Amazing sense of scale in No.1 and really like the colours and tones in No.4
well done, excellent set

These are superb. I just love the third one..it's like a painting.

Very nice pictures of a lovely country. I went in February and absolutely loved it. Definitely could've done with a 4X4 up North though.

Absolutely stunning!... #1 oh wow that looks just amazing.

Once again thank you all very much for taking the time to comment.

Richard... Vik is a good place to use as a base. There is plenty to shoot around there and the waterfalls/Jokulsarlon aren't far. The fuel station in Vik does a decent, inexpensive meal in the back. Try their spice on the chips! I'm assuming you're flying into Kevlavik. Once you drive from there and get on route 1 it all becomes very sparse and main service stations are very few and far between. You will need a chip and pin card or a prepaid card for fuel out in the rural areas, which will be most of the time. If you need anymore info PM me.
I'll be running affordable photo tours out there from June.

Hi Jake.

I'm not sure if i'm supposed to discuss it on here (Advertising etc) but as you've asked. £1400 not including flights and insurance.

7 night trip. Max 4 people.

Included.
All travel from airport and around Iceland in a large 4x4.
All camping equipment including tent, sleeping bag, pillow, mattress, blanket and stove. Also includes all camping fees.
Use of a laptop to view and back up your photo's to a portable hard drive. Saves buying loads of memory cards. There is so much to photograph.

It's better to camp, as you can follow the weather rather than being pre booked into hotels and hoping the weather is going to be kind. Hotels can be very expensive. We can camp pretty much where we like in Iceland but we will need to use campsites at least every other night for a shower etc.

We sleep during the day and shoot at night. Sunset in June is around 12.00am and sunrise is around 2.30am. It doesn't get dark.
It's a trip designed to get the maximum amount of photo's possible.

I hope you google other photo tours to see how good value this is. Car hire, camping equipment and fuel is very expensive in Iceland but all included in the price.

Feel free to PM me if you need any more info.

Regards.

Mark.

Wonderful set. The waterfall is outstanding and I love the big ice crystals.

Back