Not as nice as previous, but some slightly different stuff

gull.jpg

frog.jpg

frog2.jpg

tortoise.jpg

deer.jpg

comments welcomed!:beer:
http://www.thephotographyforums.com/albums/matty/deer.jpg

The seagull shot looks almost like a painting due to your post production, this isn’t a bad thing just an observation.

The two frog/toad shots don’t work for me as the first one has been taken almost directly from above and the second has a shot of it from behind as it scarpers off into the undergrowth. Both fall victim of animals and their unwillingness to cooperate with photographers. ;)

The turtle photo has been captured from a much better level but the two vertical bands caused by the undergrowth completely ruin the impact and are very distracting. There is also a clump of soil/ground in the front right of the frame that is slightly less distracting but would be more prominent if the green bands where not grabbing the majority of the viewers attention.

The last shot may be worth some attention, start by cloning out the stand of hay from under its mouth/jaw, adjust the levels and saturation then apply a crop to remove the straw at the bottom of the picture. This will improve it quite a lot but the picture is still a bit flat as you have captured the deer side on.

Hopefully I have not been too hard with my comments, they are intended to help not discourage. :)

no thats fine steve, the first was too dark to start with, so needed helping to bring it out, i really need to work on exposure control, the sky was naff too, which didnt help, the frogs were as you said, top down or nothing with them, the turtle too, in the undergrowth but that was as far over as i could get, and the deer was the only shot i got of it that didnt have a fence line across it, i had a poor days shooting!

I actually quite like the first frog, great detail in the eye :)

Back