A Few More Hares

Very nice.

Lovely photos. I always find the more detail you can get in the eyes, the better the photo looks.

Thanks Robin and Chris for taking the time to have a look and leave a comment, much appreciated.

Regards Paul

Super shots lovely eye contact

I really like the first one, I think the face and the ears being so prominent help, with the dept of field, to split the photograph and make it easier to look at.

The rest, great as they are, are a bit 'busy' for me (just my opinion) and the subject doesn't stand out as well from the rest of the image (grass etc).

That said - they wouldn't have been easy to get so well done for capturing them in the first place. I'd be chuffed if they were mine for just having got that close.

Good job!

Thanks Guys for leaving such encouraging comments, to give a few details, I was on Holiday in Norfolk in June and saw, what I thought was a Marvellous shot of a Hare, for sale in a Gallery, so I immediately thought I would try and capture some Hare shots.

I am sure they have a sixth sense, I lost count of the times I was lifting the camera to take a shot and Whoosh, off they go!!

A farmer told me "You have no chance of creeping up on a Hare you have to sit and wait and let them come to you" I have been using my Car to sit in and just creep up the side of the fields, if it is a road with a bit of traffic they seem well used to it and completely ignore the Car, although sadly I am still quite a long way off and the shots are all heavily cropped.

I realise a lot of the shots have grass and clover etc in them, to be honest so did the shot in the shop at £220, I think it adds something, I not sure that a shot of a Hare sat on a pristine bit of grass would have a great deal of character about it to be honest. If I ever get one out in the open we will compare.

They were all shot in Lincolnshire, mostly in the evenings to get the Setting Sun lighting their eyes.

Regards Paul

Cracking set. The grass / clover just adds to them in my opinion.
I often see hares playing around in the field next to my regular petrol station. They're huge!

Ian, Viv and Ceri, thank you very much for taking the time to look and leave a comment.

Viv, next time you go to Fill Up, take your Camera, let's see a few Hare shots!!

Regards Paul

I really like #1 and #4, and I think the grass cover gives it a more realistic feel. These animals survive by concealment and running off at any sign of trouble so you wouldn't find many on open ground.

Don't know what it is about #9, maybe how the light is hitting the hare, but it doesn't look natural.

Shots like these makes me wish I had something bigger than a 200mm

Thanks Lee for dropping by and leaving a comment, you are right about #9, it has had one of the large leaves from the crop removed from across the body, and I am not very good with the Lightroom Cloning Tool!!

Regards Paul

Back