A few more quick stacks

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a bit of time spare this afternoon from coughing my guts up (man-flu) so thought I'd have a play with stacking again.
Nothing spectacular here but I wanted to try out some articulating arms I bought from Amazon for my flashes. next time I will have to pay more attention to diffusing the light especially on subjects with eyes.

All done on this occasion with my D300 kenko extension tubes, Sigma 105mm OS, and Raynox DCR-250.
The fly image has had a very small crop but the butterfly wings have not been cropped at all.

butterfly wing
by stormcrowuk, on Flickr

Butterfly Wing macro

eyes macro

Last edited:
Another one from today of poppy seeds

ONx2w9v.jpg

Amazing detail on these
how many images did you stack for them

Butterfly wings are surprisingly tricky because the dynamic range can be so huge, and especially those crazy bright colours! But the nice thing about them is you can buy them on eBay quite cheaply so it means you have lots of nice things to do when it's snowing outside and the bugs aint around :)

Butterfly wings are surprisingly tricky because the dynamic range can be so huge, and especially those crazy bright colours! But the nice thing about them is you can buy them on eBay quite cheaply so it means you have lots of nice things to do when it's snowing outside and the bugs aint around :)

I bought the butterfly's from e-bay via china I'd love to know if anyone knows of anywhere in the UK that dead insects can be bought?

I bought the butterfly's from e-bay via china I'd love to know if anyone knows of anywhere in the UK that dead insects can be bought?
I don't sorry, I do the same. I tried mailing a lot of butterfly places but they're not really interested in weirdos that want their dead bugs :)

Back