A few more Scottish Junior Football

Hi Tug

Been shooting for the home team, Clydebank. Did you spot the slight bias?

Last edited:
Love the spectator appearing to hide behind his program in #2 :LOL:

Just about sums up the quality of the game! Either that or the quality of the programme (especially the photos) make it too good to put down.... :LOL:

Well composed and beautifully sharp,the only downside is that due to the limitations of the Tamron you are having to shoot at f5.6 and therefore not throwing the background out of focus

Thanks for the feedback Nigel. I'm glad to hear I'm doing something right!

Had my kit for about 13 months now and as it was my first SLR kit I didn't invest that much into it, hence the Tamron. Now looking to upgrade and been looking at the Nikon D7000 but kinda hanging off to see what happens in next few months in terms of new models.

Cheers!

....sorry.... 'Junior'?!?! Some of those kids have receding hairlines!!

Top images by the way!

Thanks Seba.

That's a very topical comment regarding 'junior'! Many people up here want it changed for that very reason.

'Juniors' up here is kinda equivalent to 'non-league' down south. The rationale is that SPL, etc, are known as 'senior football', hence the grade below is 'junior football'.

Hope that makes sense!! :D

Hi,

Some very good shots here, especially like #1 and #3. Also loved the spectator in #2, particularly amusing! :)

Very nice work, thanks for sharing. :)

Ah, the juniors...the branch of Scottish Football where you can leave the ball on the touchline and still have an action packed 90 minutes. Used to follow this for years and still prefer it to the senior game.

Can't add much to the comments. Sharp and on the action throughout. Not sure what camera you are using but it's doing OK for you, so rather than a D7000 it might be a thought to invest in a lens instead? I switched from a Nikon 70-300 f4.5 to the 70-200 f2.8 and the difference is huge in terms of quality.

Good work on the shots.

Bobby & Ceri, thanks for the feedback.

Currently using a Pentax K-r and finding that it really struggles in lower light, especially the AF. Got my heart set on a new camera and a couple of lenses with one of them a 70-200 f2.8.

Bobby, did you miss the extra reach of the 300? It's a 70-300 I presently use, so I'm unsure if only having 200 will make a big difference (I only really do football).

Cheers

Bobby & Ceri, thanks for the feedback.

Currently using a Pentax K-r and finding that it really struggles in lower light, especially the AF. Got my heart set on a new camera and a couple of lenses with one of them a 70-200 f2.8.

Bobby, did you miss the extra reach of the 300? It's a 70-300 I presently use, so I'm unsure if only having 200 will make a big difference (I only really do football).

Cheers

I thought that I might, but it's not really been a problem. I do a lot of sports such as athletics, rugby, motorbikes etc and most of the time you just have to think a bit more about where to position yourself. You'll have a lot of freedom at the Juniors so you should be OK. Have a look at your shots at the moment and see what percentage were taken at full Zoom. That should give a guide.

I have a teleconverter (1.7) which I bought to cover the shortfall, but to be honest it's very rarely used. Can't argue that I'd love one of the big 300+ pro lenses:)...but the 200 is working fine.

Back