A few more Trip pics - Shrewsbury Folk Festival

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
A few pics from a roll I shot at Shrewsbury Folk Festival. Just a cheapy Fujicolor C200 film - not that please with it:

Struggled with the Trip to balance the exposure as it was within a fairly dark covered area and was very bright outside. It looks very grainy which I think was the cheap film struggling in the poor light:

6191438492_05955e422b_b.jpg

Played with emulating cross processing to try and create a bit of life to a bit of a dull image. Also corrected the white balance:

6191438226_cc9d02205a_b.jpg

I don't really know what to make of these :shrug: I have no experience of film so I can only really talk about the photo's :D the first is a little over exposed to me, I like the idea but I don't think it has been executed very well sorry, the second seems over saturated and the focus don't look too good, if I were looking at it from a digital stand point I would say it was OOF and then over sharpened :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the exposure is a challenge on the first one, probably showing the limitations of the Trip. The second one is deliberately over saturated - I was emulating the effect of E6 processing on c41 film. There isn't any sharpening at all though, just the way the shadows are drawn out.

Can certainly tell these are Trip pictures :) I like the first one, captured a great moment there.

Back