A few of the Shropshire countryside

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing another thread this morning with some trees that framed the image, I realised i had something similar I shot a few weeks ago but never got around to popping the images up.

9357531918_f24f836d7f_b.jpg

9357531370_af3ab55f30_b.jpg

9357532146_fedab12775_b.jpg

All taken at Leegomery, Telford. Just a few minutes from home.

Thanks for looking :)

All interesting ... but the avenue through the trees especially so

Hi Carl,

The second image is by far and away the pick of the set, though I question the inclusion of the spiky foreground leaves (?) that intrude through the bottom of the frame; as they are so bright compared to the rest of the scene around them they can't help but drag the eye away from what is a very striking and well executed scene. I do like the quality of the PP on this one and you've achieved a very pleasing tonal balance to go with the compositional balance you present us with. Is it right to have the focus point so central? I think it is actually and, above points notwithstanding, I think this is an excellent image. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Hi Carl,

The second image is by far and away the pick of the set, though I question the inclusion of the spiky foreground leaves (?) that intrude through the bottom of the frame; as they are so bright compared to the rest of the scene around them they can't help but drag the eye away from what is a very striking and well executed scene. I do like the quality of the PP on this one and you've achieved a very pleasing tonal balance to go with the compositional balance you present us with. Is it right to have the focus point so central? I think it is actually and, above points notwithstanding, I think this is an excellent image. Thanks for sharing.

I agree. (y)

Hi carl,

I thought i recognized the landscape, i'm a telfordite too (tho live in wolves now).

I think number 2 is the clear winner here, apley woods i take it?

but i do like number 3 too, it has a very mystical feel too it with the sun rays thro' the clouds.

very good pics.

interesting shots..perhaps marred by the cult of pp first

cheers
geof

thanks guys, appreciate the time you took to comment. Geof, my pp skills suck big time, lol, though I think its improving, very very slowly lol.

The spikey grass unfortunately was no way around it other than to have climbed over into the field/forest, which was on private land.

Mark, it is a lane on the way to hoo farm, from leegomery.

Here's a portrait version, which the more I look at it, favours more than number#2

9354755895_ec415709e1_c.jpg

5.. In colour
9354756049_4dcb6ba32c_c.jpg

thanks guys, appreciate the time you took to comment. Geof, my pp skills suck big time, lol, though I think its improving, very very slowly lol.

The spikey grass unfortunately was no way around it other than to have climbed over into the field/forest, which was on private land.

Mark, it is a lane on the way to hoo farm, from leegomery.

Here's a portrait version, which the more I look at it, favours more than number#2

9354755895_ec415709e1_c.jpg

5.. In colour
9354756049_4dcb6ba32c_c.jpg

i also fall into that category...when you are on a roll its hard to ease back..especially in black to white...i tend to over contrast and i think with the dodging it comes out over sharpened

i did like 2 and forgot to congratulate you on that

cheers
geof

Back