a few pics from France

awp

Suspended / Banned
Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
I was in Normandy last week - here are a few of the pics taken. Apologies for the watermark but I consider these pics valueable stock pictures. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
i prefer the busines of the harbor to the rest, great skies and lots off action and detail, the watermark seems a bit overpowering and disracts from the images a bit

Thanks for the comment. Sorry about the watermark but I've had so many images stolen - it's not going to happen to these ones. I have hundreds more from this trip. Not sure which one you're refering to in 'the business of the harbour'?

same here, I like the first one first and agree, the water mark is a bit over-powering but understand your concerns.

Image theft is a huge problem - right now I have three unauthorised pictures on websites hosted outwith the UK - and it is proving impossible to get payment or have them taken down. Every picture published on this forum is likely to be used somewhere without consent - hence the watermark. I don't think the watermark would stop an other photographer from enjoying the picture.

Image theft is a huge problem - right now I have three unauthorised pictures on websites hosted outwith the UK - and it is proving impossible to get payment or have them taken down. Every picture published on this forum is likely to be used somewhere without consent - hence the watermark. I don't think the watermark would stop an other photographer from enjoying the picture.

i agree any photographer can see past a watermark :) great pics i like the fireworks shot

I agree... But i recenty had 160 pictures lifted from my website complete with watermark and placed on facebook.. I asked him to remove and just have a couple.. he didnt... I contacted facebook and amazingly they removed them same day... TBH I wasnt expecting that..

I agree.. first picture is the best of the bunch
.. but mainly because I personaly havent been able to produce anything like that at that time of day.. I dont seem to ahve the eye for it :)

Number 2 is my favourite! All are really nice shots.

Thanks folks, been busy all this week keywording and uploading around 400 from the trip to three different pic libraries. I'll post one or two more in a day or two.

Excellent set but your watermark is absolutely intrusive in every way.

Gary.

I know! What do you suggest - I just can't risk publishing them on the web without some kind of watermark - I've had pics stolen before. These are now on 3 pic libraries and should do well.

I know! What do you suggest - I just can't risk publishing them on the web without some kind of watermark - I've had pics stolen before. These are now on 3 pic libraries and should do well.

Beats me :D

Can you not make the watermark more transparent? , i mean at the moment the first thing that hits you is the watermark and not the shot.

I'll try that but I've had two pics used on a website with a faint transparent watermark - they reduced the size to about 300px wide - but I could still see it - they had to pay up in the end but what a hassle.

I have loads of pictures on Photographers Direct and they put a very prominent watermark over the pictures - doesn't stop them selling. :) You just have to look past it I think.

Last edited:
I'll try that but I've had two pics used on a website with a faint transparent watermark - they reduced the size to about 300px wide - but I could still see it - they had to pay up in the end but what a hassle.

I have loads of pictures on Photographers Direct and they put a very prominent watermark over the pictures - doesn't stop them selling. :) You just have to look past it I think.

I guess you are right mate. Didn't mean to bust your balls, just a shame that those of us that know better can't appreciate them fully.

Gary.

Back