B&W A Few Recent Black and Whites

I'll try to be constructive.

The PP has tended to make the pictures more about the skies (which are quite dramatic) than the building, which is rather lost in the similar tones of the grass around it. With a different colour conversion strategy, you might have been able to better distinguish the two, although I can't help but think that they might be easier to read if they had remained in colour.

Since you've used a very wide lens and stood well back, the furnace occupies only a small portion of the frame in all the photos, which further diminishes it.

#3 is the most successful IMHO. That the sunlight is providing some modelling of the brickwork arches and the texture of the wall separates it from the background together allow you to read its form.

#2 is the least successful; the furnace is almost entirely lost in the trees.

Tbh I love the dramatic sky I'm still on a learning curve with the nik series of software

I'll try to be constructive.

The PP has tended to make the pictures more about the skies (which are quite dramatic) than the building, which is rather lost in the similar tones of the grass around it. With a different colour conversion strategy, you might have been able to better distinguish the two, although I can't help but think that they might be easier to read if they had remained in colour.

Since you've used a very wide lens and stood well back, the furnace occupies only a small portion of the frame in all the photos, which further diminishes it.

#3 is the most successful IMHO. That the sunlight is providing some modelling of the brickwork arches and the texture of the wall separates it from the background together allow you to read its form.

#2 is the least successful; the furnace is almost entirely lost in the trees.

Thanks for the comments!
I will have another play and see if I can tone down the sky a bit and bring out the furnace more!

Tbh I love the dramatic sky I'm still on a learning curve with the nik series of software

Thanks,I've only just started using it since it was available for free![emoji15]

Back