A few recent ones from me....(Hollingworth Lake and Manchester Airport)

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
060724_0443w.jpg

060724_0448w.jpg

060724_0446w.jpg

060724_0451w.jpg

060724_0436w.jpg

060724_0458w.jpg

And my first proper HDR offering

060724_0435w.jpg

And yesterday the family and I went for a little trip to Manchester Airport.

060730_0603w.jpg

060730_0605w.jpg

Please feel free to be as brutal as you like. If you don't like em, please say so (a why would also be nice though) :D

I like 'em (y)
Did you use any filters on the landscape ones as the lakes & skies look superb (?) - Nice composition on those too btw ...
Paul

And yup, my trusty polariser got its second airing.

I'm beginning to really enjoy using this polariser, I love the rich vibrant colours it gives.

Well here we go Marcel
This is my HONEST OPINION based on instant ideas while viewing your pix.
#1 BEAUT Postcard material
#2 Very nice colour,really like odd aspect ratio.Something away from the 2x3 is always refreshing to me(y) Fence leading into water also very effective.
#3 This is (IMHO) where you start to lose it.Subject material..... well....Interesting and nicely placed in thirds.Colour also very nice.
#4 As in #1.personally I would have liked a bit of oof on the foliage in foreground which otherwise frames the picture very nicely(y)
#5 Technically good with rocks leading eyes into picture,but not pretty picture.Also power lines on horizon a bit distracting
#6 Beautiful colour on water in foreground but it seems that you stick to this thirds thing a bit too religiously.Would have loved to see this in landscape.Otherwise post card material(y)
#7 Nice stark image,very effective.Slight dark border noticable,did you deliberately do it this way?Very nice though
#8 & #9 First aircraft catured nicely.This type of shot is not easily achieved at our airport so(y) (y) (y) for that.Pity about the dull sky,but that is not yours to control.
As a hardened aviation nut a picture of an aircraft won't impress me easily I'm afraid:bonk: (unless it's a spit:LOL: )

Very nice set of pix though and hope you don't think I was overly harsh on you!!

Anton Roland said:
Very nice set of pix though and hope you don't think I was overly harsh on you!!

Not at all mate! Those are some brilliant comments, just the sort of thing I like :D

FWIW you're pretty much right ;) I'll respond in more detail after lunch, but right now the monkeys kids need feeding :D

Anton Roland said:
#2 Very nice colour,really like odd aspect ratio.Something away from the 2x3 is always refreshing to me(y) Fence leading into water also very effective.

Thanks :) I basically cropped it this way, because the full size didn't quite look right, there was a big ugly shadow on the water in the foreground (I was stood under some trees), and I had this sort of long panoramic type shot in mind when I took it. I even planned using the fence as a lead in :D

Anton Roland said:
#3 This is (IMHO) where you start to lose it.Subject material..... well....Interesting and nicely placed in thirds.Colour also very nice.
#4 As in #1.personally I would have liked a bit of oof on the foliage in foreground which otherwise frames the picture very nicely

Not much I can say to that. I agree, OOF foliage may look better (I'll have a crack at doing it in PS later).

Anton Roland said:
#5 Technically good with rocks leading eyes into picture,but not pretty picture.Also power lines on horizon a bit distracting
#6 Beautiful colour on water in foreground but it seems that you stick to this thirds thing a bit too religiously.Would have loved to see this in landscape.Otherwise post card material

You're right again, I'm consciously aware of using the rule of thirds every time I take a shot, because normally if I don't I fluff it badly :p.
You're definately right about the pretty picture thing. I kept thinking when I was processing it, a mantra I've been trying to work from..."Yeah, it's pretty, but what's it a photo *of*?"

Anton Roland said:
#7 Nice stark image,very effective.Slight dark border noticable,did you deliberately do it this way?Very nice though

Not deliberate. I found that while playing with the settings in RSP on this shot, I couldn't get it to look right, either the highlights were too bright, or the shadow detail was too dark, and needed to be brought up...and when I managed to get it all inline, it didn't look right, so I thought I'd try HDRing it to give it that really scary foreboding feel, coupled with the spikes and the warning etc....

Anton Roland said:
#8 & #9 First aircraft catured nicely.This type of shot is not easily achieved at our airport so for that.Pity about the dull sky,but that is not yours to control.
As a hardened aviation nut a picture of an aircraft won't impress me easily I'm afraid:bonk: (unless it's a spit)

hehe cheers. Again, first time trying to capture aircraft really (properly), was stood at the side of the road with my wife and kids, watching them come overhead...was quite glad we were right under the flight path, which meant I could get it at a straight on angle.

Just to the left, the sky had more bits of blue breaking through, which looked nice, but the pilot didnt hear my cries of "Bank! Bank"

The second.....one of the few that I caught in focus, and full frame :D Hence me being pleased :p

Once again, thanks for the comments, it's all good. And for the record, you werent overly harsh at all. Criticism is what makes me learn ;) Besides, I'm a big boy, I can take harsh words. :p

Rich said:
Great set! "No entrance" is straight out of Half Life 2 or some other post-apocolyptic setting !! The Fence and spikes really loom over you.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Rich, that was my intention, to create that sense of eery foreboding and forbidden scary place type thought...if that makes sense.

I like em all mate. Not one to fault find though and I think these are great, really great. Wish I could shoot landscape like that :)

Cheers Marcel
Hoping when I eventually get round to posting some pix you will also not hold back.Right now work is a bit hectic and I'm only now starting to wake up to the fact that what I see daily might make a pretty landscape to others!:bonk:

Must agree with Rich I think it was....that dark border and the post-apocalyptic theme.....
Please don't make us wait too long for some more(y)

Great set Marcel...really good your landscape type shots, I particularly like number two, very tranquil, great shot. you make it look so easy. :notworthy: :)

I love the HDR shot too, I often think they can look a little odd, but its worked well with that subject eh, just my kinda thing too (y)

Good captures on the aircraft, I only seem to manage rear shots myself. :D

Love the pictures, the colours are great, I look forward to been able to take photos like these.

Back